Vision king spotting scopes being sold from china, all with different sellers all with zero history

Lost my money on a bogus advert for a vision kig spotting scope that didnt arrive from china, waited the 45 days for postage which eliminated me from raising a issue as you have to report it less than 45 days, paypal wont refund, ebay wont refund, seller wont refund,

and no item recieved.

So i start looking at the other scopes that are similar and find that the listings are identical the photos and item description are exactly the same although the names are all changed.

So then i start looking at the history and feed back on the sellers, and interestingly they have zero feedback have zero history and have never sold on ebay before, so I suspect that its the same person flogging off scopes that dont arrive because after 45 days you can raise an issue.

Ive sent him a note thanking him forstealing from me and hoping the $119.00 went to feed his family.

Message 1 of 18
Latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Vision king spotting scopes being sold from china, all with different sellers all with zero history

Hard lesson to learn, and I appreciate the sarcasm (message you sent) but don't ever let the 45 days go by, that is the only protection you have.

Depending on circumstances (where item is coming from, seller history etc) I automatically open INR at 30 days, it gives me a further 20 days to escalate to a claim, which I do not hesitate to do if said item is still AWOL.

I get my refund, and if the item turns up after the dispute closes - you can always pay the seller via paypal again.

You can't please all the people all the time, so now I just please myself

Message 2 of 18
Latest reply

There are now four different scammers with eleven listed between them and 23 have "sold" as completed listings

by various scammers.

They have also each listed a Visionking 8 inch Telescope.

Unfortunately we don't seem to have a Trust & Safety department in Aus any more as not a single item

reported over the last month has been removed,(they have been reported through the listing,by Email and via

Live Help and they have all gone through to completed),shok.gif

It seems that they just don't care if members get ripped off.

They don't seem to see the bigger picture in if a potential 100 members are ripped,(as the scammers will send

fake SCO's) and half of them quit eBay because they have been scammed.

That's 50 less members who could possible tell others not to buy via eBay and it can just snowball from there,stubborn_smiley_by_mirz123-d4bt0te_zps12f1a5a3.gif

Message 3 of 18
Latest reply

tazz - what reason did eBay give to shut down hijack hunters ?

Bloody disgrace IMO.

I used to visit regularly as I know many others did, and can not honestly see any benfit to eBay other than keeping the seller fee's from buyers payments when the buyer had no idea what to do to recoup the losses.

S****T imagine how much that would add up to, considering only 4-5 % of all eBayers come to the boards.

And the aim is to 'provide a safe selling platform'   phht

Message 4 of 18
Latest reply

Greencat, the Hijack Hunters were naming and shaming on the boards.....and ebay knows there are no scammers on the site.

Message 5 of 18
Latest reply

OMG - how dreadful.

From what I personally saw the only SHAME involved was that of the scammer.

IMO the closure of hijack Hunters simply showed eBay for the greed machine they are.

they offer ' a safe selling platform ' but they don't provide it, and shoot shut down those that try to !

Greencat, the Hijack Hunters were naming and shaming on the boards.....and ebay knows there are no scammers on the site.

Then maybe they should have been grateful that HH were dong the job they obviously can't. Never ceases to amaze me that a mod will pick up on a work like **bleep**, yet eBay and all the technology can't track these **bleep**ers.

Message 6 of 18
Latest reply

@2106greencat wrote:

tazz - what reason did eBay give to shut down hijack hunters ?

Bloody disgrace IMO.

I used to visit regularly as I know many others did, and can not honestly see any benfit to eBay other than keeping the seller fee's from buyers payments when the buyer had no idea what to do to recoup the losses.

That happened a bit and I have contacted some of the members that where scammed and notified them

on what to do,(unfortunately some paid by bank deposit).

It was easy when you could still contact members via their ID when they left negative feedback,(that's now

impossible as well).

S****T imagine how much that would add up to, considering only 4-5 % of all eBayers come to the boards.

And the aim is to 'provide a safe selling platform'   phht

That IMO is not the case here as they do not remove scam listings.

I find scam listings on a regular basis but can't do nothing to warn members or get them removed and feel

completely frustrated in that I can find them but eBay with all their resources can't find them or remove them,shok.gif

The reason given is the same one that "stuff" kept harping about in that we might post a listing from a genuine

seller and that it may have legal ramifications.

They allowed the thread as they always maintained that eBay would only shut down scam accounts and there

would be no consequences if a "genuine" listing was reported,(which happens quite a bit aparently according to

them,hence why they said they get a high number of reports).

The real reason IMHO was because it showed that there where scammers active on eBay and so showed the

site in a bad way.

If those Chinese scammers come back and list like last time there could 1000's of scam listings going at the

same time and no way of stopping them,(there where over 150 of them and they had similar listings to above

but listed 10 to 18 listings each).

It took over a week to get them all shut down,stubborn_smiley_by_mirz123-d4bt0te_zps12f1a5a3.gif

Message 7 of 18
Latest reply

Lyndal - sorry - read your post to say eBay know their are scammers

hence, slight, very slight over reaction there, sorry will clean my glasses and come back soon.

Tried to edit, but doomed to fail !

Message 8 of 18
Latest reply

what's up - can't we name these people on these forums?

Message 9 of 18
Latest reply

No you can't name and shame - reason being while there are many scammers out there, what if a buyer or seller just wanted to damage anothers reputation for no other reason than to be malicious?

I have also seen it happen where a member is unsure of protocol and has bad mouthed a seller/buyer only to find that they themselves were the ones in the wrong, and in doing this the innocent member has had thier reputation sullied and plastered over the forum for no reason at all.

Message 10 of 18
Latest reply