Waiting 24 days my item from USA to AU has not arrived. Seller gave me no tracking.Should I worry.

dd58s
Community Member

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Waiting 24 days my item from USA to AU has not arrived. Seller gave me no tracking.Should I worry.

@dd58s wrote:

Thank you for your time,  I counted weekends as I thought that it didint make any difference. If its up to 5 weeks maybe I am worrying too much. Just wish they answered my messages or gave me a tracking number as it was expensive. It says on my order International Priority Shipping, but on another it says Global Shipping.  Thanks for your help on this.

It all makes sense now....Global Shipping is a very slow and cumbersome shipping service, not to mention expensive.

The seller sends the item to the Global Shipping hub in Erlanger KY....often by Free postage.  They often have free postage within the USA for local buyers which is what you saw on the listing.  There should have been a tracking number for that section of the journey which can take several weeks...you can track your item all the way to KY.

It can then take a few days to be processed for overseas shipping before being handed to FedEx for delivery to Australia.  Once here it can take a couple of weeks to clear Customs and be delivered to you.

Once the seller has posted the item and it is received in KY the seller has no more responsibility for the item and cannot give you any tracking number other than his USPS number while the item is in transit to KY.

You need to be patient and wait till the estimated time you have been given for the delivery.

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Have you asked the seller for tracking?

How was it being sent  (which service?)

Was it the kind of item that may be delayed by customs?

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

24 days, or 24 business days?

Some items can take 5 weeks from the States.

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

It took me over a month to receive Megaman 5 (NES game) from the US.
Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

Thank you for your reply to my question, yes I asked for a tracking number but no reply, my order invoice says International Priority but on another it says Global Shipping and another it says Free. Im probaly just worrying but as it was for an antique doll I thought it would have been much quicker. The seller took 6 days to post it. Maybe its Customs, that is a thought to consider. Ebay says I cant do anything before the 19th August - 5th or so of September. Thanks heaps.

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

Thank you for your time,  I counted weekends as I thought that it didint make any difference. If its up to 5 weeks maybe I am worrying too much. Just wish they answered my messages or gave me a tracking number as it was expensive. It says on my order International Priority Shipping, but on another it says Global Shipping.  Thanks for your help on this.

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

Thanks, could be I need to just wait longer. 

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

@dd58s wrote:

It all makes sense now....Global Shipping is a very slow and cumbersome shipping service, not to mention expensive.

The seller sends the item to the Global Shipping hub in Erlanger KY....often by Free postage.  They often have free postage within the USA for local buyers which is what you saw on the listing.  There should have been a tracking number for that section of the journey which can take several weeks...you can track your item all the way to KY.

It can then take a few days to be processed for overseas shipping before being handed to FedEx for delivery to Australia.  Once here it can take a couple of weeks to clear Customs and be delivered to you.

Once the seller has posted the item and it is received in KY the seller has no more responsibility for the item and cannot give you any tracking number other than his USPS number while the item is in transit to KY.

You need to be patient and wait till the estimated time you have been given for the delivery.

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

Thank you very much, helps to know this. I will stop worrying now.

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply