Why can't I buy I buy combined items without immediate payment through ebay checkout?

How do I remove ebay checkout so I can buy multiple items without being taken to ebay checkout with every item?

It also adds the postage on for every item and you have to contact seller to remove it so you can complete the sale.

It's a total pain!!!

Message 1 of 28
Latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

Why can't I buy I buy combined items without immediate payment through ebay checkout?

go-tazz
Community Member

Use the cart function,(eg: add them to your cart so you can pay at the end)

That way you can combine them in one payment.

If the seller has combined postage in place it should reduce the postage cost,(but it's not guaranteed).

If they don't have combined options then the only way is to contact the seller.

eBay prefers that there is no combined postage as that would cut into their profits.

Message 2 of 28
Latest reply

Why can't you just click on the BIN button on each item and then do an invoice request? I rarely use the cart because I'm so used to doing it the other way I forget the cart exists.
Message 3 of 28
Latest reply

If the items require immediate payment then you can't buy then request an invoice. Until you pay, you haven't bought. If you haven't bought, you can't request an invoice. Some sellers have everything listed as immediate payment so they don't have to contend with non payers.

Message 4 of 28
Latest reply

I only have stuff that goes in a B1 box set for immediate payment (because it needs to be a Paypal payment to get the eBay postage), but I rarely get buyers waiting for an invoice. They either pay separately, or in one hit for 2 lots of postage.

Message 5 of 28
Latest reply

I thought it was just that the buyer needs to complete checkout (to get the label option to work)? 

I know I've processed labels after a buyer has used bank deposit, at any rate, but if they use bank deposit, completing checkout isn't guaranteed since some people will message and ask, or get to the stage where they can view the details but not click to confirm they're sending payment via BD. 

Message 6 of 28
Latest reply

I don't use immediate payment for anything. I had a buyer tonight who bought 3 things and then paid for them without waiting for an invoice. Their order will go just over 500g, so I'll send 3kg express and maybe chuck in an item that is worth around the difference. Or I might be a bad seller and let them pay for their haste in paying. I wouldn't get the fees back if I refunded. I really wish buyers would read descriptions. Mine have in big bold red writing to wait for an invoice for multiple purchases. Yet, so many just hit the pay button. Then they expect you to refund them.

Message 7 of 28
Latest reply

@*tippy*toes* wrote:

I don't use immediate payment for anything. I had a buyer tonight who bought 3 things and then paid for them without waiting for an invoice. Their order will go just over 500g, so I'll send 3kg express and maybe chuck in an item that is worth around the difference. Or I might be a bad seller and let them pay for their haste in paying. I wouldn't get the fees back if I refunded. I

I also get frustrated with buyers who buy more than one item and then pay for them separately. In these cases, (a) I email them and ask if they would prefer to combine and save on postage, and if they say yes (and all of them do) then (b) refund the excess postage they have paid, minus the fees I have paid to ebay and Paypal.

@*tippy*toes* wrote:

I really wish buyers would read descriptions. Mine have in big bold red writing to wait for an invoice for multiple purchases. Yet, so many just hit the pay button. Then they expect you to refund them.

In my description I ask that if buyers purchase more than one item, to wait for a combined invoice to receive a postage discount and I also have a gallery image saying the same thing - for those buyers who only look at the photos and never rread the descriptions.

Message 8 of 28
Latest reply

I don't have immediate payment either, and on the rare occasions someone pays seperately I usually just combine in one package and refund the difference.  But I have one at the moment where both items are worth about $100.  If I put the tracking number on one item I won't be able to add it to the other, is that correct?  Hmmm, might have to send seperately.  

Message 9 of 28
Latest reply

I've added the same tracking numbers to multiple transactions from the same buyer if I've sent together. Providing they are bought from the same account. I had a long time repeat buyer buy from 2 accounts and I was happy to send them together, but could only use the tracking number on one of the transactions. I added it to the dearer one.

In your case, given the cost, I'm not sure I'd risk sending them together, just in case.

Message 10 of 28
Latest reply