adding to an order

Im curious about something... i brought several items and paid by paypal on Monday.

Now the seller has listed another item I was interested in buying. I asked would it be possible to add to my order which will not be packed/sent till Monday next week but she has replied that it is possible but she would have to charge normal post of $10  not just an extra $3 ( she charged $10+$3 each extra item)  as her understanding is that she would have to pay ebay fees on the listed price if I buy this one item 

Im dubious  thats the case ,I would think she pays fees on the actual invoice price . 

Can someone say for sure? 

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

adding to an order

She is correct, sort of. Any additional irtems will incur the full eBay selling fees. She will also, presumably, incur Paypal fees at the full rate for the extra item. Whilst it would not be the full $10, it would be a considerable time investment. Maybe you don't think a seller's time is worth anything?

That is the way eBay works. Each transaction that is paid individually incurs the full eBay fees.

Maybe you should have decided what you wanted BEFORE you paid for the first lot. Far easier. And cheaper.

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

adding to an order

For a seller to retain their seller protection, if an item is paid for separately, it should be sent separately. Most sellers are happy to add it to an existing order, but if something goes wrong, they don't have a leg to stand on.

Your seller will pay fees on the sale, but if she's happy to add it to the existing order, she can send an invoice (providing you haven't paid) and adjust the postage cost to $3. That way she's only paying fees on the item price + $3, not the $10 of the original price.

The other option is, wait until she's sent your existing order, then buy the other one. That way everyone is covered.

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

adding to an order

She has already paid Tippy. OP the only way the seller can add the item on to the existing transaction and maintain seller protection is to refund you in full, you then buy the extra item and the seller re-invoices you. Many sellers will be happy to take the risk and let you pay separately and just include it but it will cost them more in fees and also ups their risk of having to pay up if the buyer says the extra item has not arrived. (Not saying you would do that but it has been done and the seller may have been caught out before) . It could also be that the extra weight or bulk takes the parcel up to the next price point. Not all sellers use AP and other options can include parcels under 250g and other weights between 500g and 3kg which AP do not.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

adding to an order

Yeah, I know she'd paid for the first order, that's why I said the seller could send an invoice for the other item (if she hadn't paid for that) and reduce the postage to $3 (or whatever they were charging per extra item) and include it with the current order.

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

adding to an order

Davewill the op clearly stated the new item was only listed after they paid.
Message 6 of 6
Latest reply