Buying
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

how do you make an offer

Hi all,I am interested in an item and it has the "make offer" button. The item is rather expensive and I want to make an offer but don't want to be offensive. How do you make a reasonable offer and not be ridiculous or offend the seller.I realise thi...

User avatar by Community Member
  • 27 replies
  • 0 Helpful

Not Australian Seller

Bought an item and paid with PayPal. This item was stated to be located in Sydney and so paid 3 times the price of the same that could have been purchased in China, as I needed it quickly. I noticed when I got PayPal details that the seller payment w...

• 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful

Scam listings

I purchased an item that turned up with parts missing and was nothing like the image listed on eBay. It didn't even come with the power lead. While I have started a return claim, the seller wants me to send it to China when the return address label o...

User avatar by Not applicable
  • 19 replies
  • 0 Helpful

Combined postage vs Free postage

eBay's inclusion of postage in calculating fees has prompted an increase in 'free postage' listings. This acts against the interest of both buyer and seller. I frequently buy books on eBay, and have often chosen to make multiple purchase from a singl...

• 17 replies
  • 1 Helpful

Resolved! What address do i use to send back item

I purchased an item from the US but decided to return it. I have received my refund (see below) but i have no idea what address to send it back to?Envelope states an address in NSW however prostmaster said that i have to sent item back to Alabama whi...

Instant "This item has been sent" ebay after paying for item.

I was just wondering. After buying and paying for an order on ebay I normally get immediate notifivatication on "Feedback Received" and "This item has been sent". I was wondering how can my item alrerady be sent immediatly after I make payment. Even ...

• 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful

Why does seller need phone number ?

Yesterday I purchased something for the grand sum of $1.49 + $2.50 postage. (buy int now) It took me ages to complete the Paypal transaction, eventually I seen why, the seller requested my phone number before the transaction was complete. My question...

• 10 replies
  • 0 Helpful

Help Needed - Is this Seller a Scammer?

I was looking at getting a Lego Super Mario Adventures Starter Kit for my child. Came across this listing that advertise a really cheap price compare to others. He has no feedback score and as I was scrolling through other listings, I saw the same de...

• 11 replies
  • 0 Helpful

I cannot see the Tuesday $1 deals banner on my homepage.

I can see the Tuesday deal banner if I use the incognito window, but I cannot see it if I use the normal window and logged into my account. Even in the incognito window, I click the banner, still see no details about the Tuesday $1 offer.

• 0 replies
  • 0 Helpful

Resolved! eBay sellers not covered by guarantee

Why does ebay allow sellers to operate out side the ebay guarantee . I ordered a pul and it has not arrived contacted seller said he would put another in post not arrived nearly 2 months, Ebay says not covered but when I bought it thier was no inform...

• 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful