Buying
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Can't pay

I have a valid cc on file with both eBay and PayPal.eBay indicates they cannot process my payment at this time. Enter a new payment method. So... did that with another card with the same result.PayPal wants me to link my card details. Once this is do...

User avatar by Community Member
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful

Cancelling order

Within three hours of making an order, I tried to cancal that order. Reason I wont be around to collect the item as I am off to celebrate Chinese New Year.I used the official channel to cancel items and the answer next day was NO CANNOT CANCEL.Seller...

Seller using Fake bidder to push up price (shill bidding)

I have noticed an increasing number of fake bidders pushing up the prices of items. What are the buyers legal right in relation to getting compensation for the amount paid over the other "real bidders". Ebay does not seems to want to do anything to s...

Fake Reviews

Attention Ebay! Ebay needs to do something about so many positive fake reviews. Otherwise people would be avoiding ebay because of the trust issue. Some positive fake reviews are so obvious as on the seller site. I wonder how high with the ones not s...

Warning scammer on ebay

Scammer on ebay He advertised cans of car A.C. gas which I bought and payed for. For months he has used delay tactics like Sorry I'll look into it. (multiple times) Can you give me your details (several times) We are sorry, give more time for deliver...

• 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful

Beware scammer seller - <Removed>, and beware Paypal

Original item posted and received, but found to be faulty - the charging plug started to melt. He offered to replace the plug, but never did. He lied, several times. Uses delaying tactics (check your PO, I'll send another etc) so that it goes beyond ...

i have just found out that just because a seller issues a tracking number does not mean they posted

i recentlly had a seller insist that an item had been posted. but australia post said they had no scans of postingthey apparently issue people with an account tracking numbers for their manifestos but this does not prove they posted the itemwhen the ...

• 12 replies
  • 1 Helpful

Resolved! eBay cart tech glitch

Hello, Over the last month or two my eBay cart has been malfunctioning.I will make multiple purchases and then pay for them. eBay then confirm the purchase.When I wake up in the morning about half of my purchases are returned to my cart. (Note: the m...

• 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful

GST on imported goods

Probably this has been covered lots before, but searching threads got confused with old & new info. So some questions:1. If I buy from the USA am I charged GST on the item OR the item plus postage price? 2. The GST calculated on the item I'm looking ...

• 16 replies
  • 0 Helpful

Why can sellers advertise that they are located in an AUS town/city whilst actually overseas?

Why can sellers advertise that they are located in an AUS town/city whilst actually overseas? I recently purchased an item that has multiple listings indicating that the seller is located in Tamworth NSW, yet when you purchase the goods are in fact c...

• 13 replies
  • 0 Helpful

Resolved! Duplicate auction listings

Hi all, I have just won an auction but I see that another listing by the same seller has also been won by another person. I've contacted the seller about my concern but he has not responded and I will have to pay within 2 days, what should I do about...

• 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful