Buying
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Obvious triangulation scam on Ebay continues to happen & Ebay refuse to give me a refund

I expect that this post will be removed by Ebay.....I would appreciate your feed back as victims of these scams. I am $92.50 out of pocket and Ebay refuse to give me a refund. I purchased dog food worth AU $92.50 from Ebay vendor. The goods were deli...

Receiving items from China I never bought or bidded for

A month ago I received a parcel from China containing a pr of fake Gucci women's sunglasses & today two more parcels from the same "company" containing identical fake Gucci ties. Ebay said they no seller by that name.Nor was a payment made to them in...

Resolved! Sellers location incorrect

I have purchased an item with location listed as Sydney. This is a scam as I have incurred an overseas penalty on the fee as it is in fact located in China. False information by the seller. This is widespread and needs stopping. I was alerted by the ...

User avatar by Community Member
  • 19 replies
  • 0 Helpful

Return Fail

Purchased items from China seller Nov 26 2021, arrived Jan 13 2022. Sent items were incorrect, seller accepted return, received msg that seller cannot send return postage envelope, paid for Austpost return, $23.40, items cost $ 36.19. Item arrived Ch...

eBay managed payment and return case issue - just a warning

In the case this information may assist others I thought I'd document a "different" scenario I've experienced since the new eBay Managed Payments and Return processing has been brought in.I purchased a new item which was received and required signifi...

• 4 replies
  • 2 Helpful

Resolved! Moral and Ethical Position required by EBay for unsavoury selling practices eg PlayStation5

Like many people I am dismayed by the PlayStation 5 situation - we can't buy them at retail from stores but can buy one straight away on eBay with 100% markup.I read the latest statement by eBay on this which in a nutshell was 'the practice is not il...

ebay taking long in reviewing my case

i bought an item with ebay and the seller did not send my item nor did he respond to my many messages so i opened a case with ebay and sent a message through them to the seller on sep the 6th. he didnt reply by then so on sep 12 ebay gave me the opti...

mobile phones

I recently tried to buy a battery for my mobile phone but the seller says the batteries are no longer available buy he is still selling the same phones is this right as he is selling throw away phones once the battery dies which could happen within w...

• 5 replies
  • 1 Helpful

Resolved! International Seller Provided AusPost Tracking

Hello eBay, I recently bought an item from a seller based in Canada but shipping from Hong Kong. Today, I just received tracking in the form of an Australian Post tracking number. Is this normal or is it a fake tracking scam? I've always though AusPo...

• 37 replies
  • 0 Helpful

Miss leading advertising .

It never seems to amaze me you buy an item advertised as rechargeable try to charge it nothing. Then to my surprise opened it up and no battery. RIPPED OFF.

Resolved! Items missing from my purchase history.

Hi all. I purchased (2) items from (2) different sellers overseas, just before the pandemic started. They were marked as being "sent", and I realise all the mail is held up, and am not in any hurry ... but now when I check my purchase history, these ...

10 % off Offer is a scam

This 10% Off offer from eBay is a scam. I used it yesterday. The 10% were taken off on the nvoice but when I checked my PayPal account I realised the they took of the entire amount without the 10% off. This happened to us twice, We complained and Eba...