eBay $10 voucher offer

On Sept. 5 2013, eBay invited me by email to make a purchase on my eBay mobile app. between now and Sept. 10 and receive a $10 eBay voucher. This is the requirements eBay sent me.

Voucher can only be used when you shop on eBay between September 21 and October 1, 2013 valid for purchases over $50 (including postage and handling). Please note that the voucher is for purchases made using PayPal. Only one voucher per customer and the coupon can only be used by the eBay member to which the invitation is sent.

I have since contacted eBay by email on Sept. 11 and also live chat and I was assured that I would be contacted. As of Sept. 16, I have received no replies or offer of a voucher and I intend to make another eBay purchase between the specified dates. I meet all the eBay terms and conditions, Australian resident, over 18 years of age, with active eBay and PayPal accounts, that have not changed.

It is now Sept. 16 and if I don't hear from eBay by Sept. 20, I will contact PayPal for a explanation, in case this offer is not legit, as all requests to eBay seem to be falling on deaf ears.

Message 1 of 39
Latest reply
38 REPLIES 38

Re: eBay $10 voucher offer

cq_tech
Community Member
There has been a great deal of confusion about these discount vouchers but the situation has been discussed at length and essentially resolved. Suggest you go to the following thread for further information...

http://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Buying/Any-one-else-got-the-email-for-a-10-voucher-if-you-use-the-eb...
Message 2 of 39
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

A number of members have contacted ebay about this particular offer and been told it is not genuine and no vouchers will be issued.

Others, after a lot of perseverance have been told that it is a genuine offer, but not meant for Australia.

I have no idea what the outcome will be, but you are going to have to fight for the voucher I'm afraid.

Message 3 of 39
Latest reply

Lyndal, ebay have finally admitted that the mobile offer did indeed come from them, and it is definitely valid for Australian members, as indicated in their terms & conditions at http://pages2.ebay.com.au/Buyer_coupons/Buyer_Mobile_September.

For those who couldn't be bothered reading them, I'll paraphrase the relevant numbered points...

3. This voucher offer is open to selected eBay.com.au registered members who are Australian residents and are 18 years of age or older. By using or attempting to use this voucher you agree to accept and be bound by these terms and conditions.

7. To redeem this voucher, when making a purchase on eBay.com.au, and using PayPal as your payment method, enter the voucher code into the voucher box during the checkout process. For help in changing or adding email addresses to your PayPal account, click here.

8. Your eBay.com.au and PayPal accounts must be active at the time of redemption (not suspended nor made inactive by eBay or PayPal).

10. The voucher is valid for $10 off the total purchase price for one purchase of an item over $50 on eBay.com.au only. This voucher can be used for one transaction only.

16. The parties submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the state of New South Wales.

How anybody can construe that this offer isn't valid in Australia is beyond me, now that ebay admit that it's genuine.

Furthermore, ebay have indicated that they will definitely honour these vouchers, but for those who make use of it to keep the relevant copies of their documentation so that they can make sure that everybody entitled to the discount will be paid in due course.

Message 4 of 39
Latest reply

I am still waiting for a reply, hopefully soon.  eBay could be missing out on a lot of existing and new business from potential and new members.  The offer could be extended to new eBay members joining, for their first purchase of $50, or extend it as a annual event.

Most of us spend a considerable amount on eBay annually and myself, probably close to $600+. After all, major retail stores have annual sales, so the least eBay could do is to repay their loyal customers for their support and give something back in return.

Message 5 of 39
Latest reply

Not what I was expecting. On Sept. 19 just receive a genuine eBay email, offering 10%  off any item on eBay, offer ends 24 Sept. 2013. Well, if I only spend $50, thats only $5, but if you spend $500 on any item, it's $50. I wonder if other members are receiving this offer as a pacifier.

Message 6 of 39
Latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just curious as to how much seller FVF's will rise after this 10% promotion

has finished. Ebay are essentially giving away the current average FVF.

Message 7 of 39
Latest reply

What is the Voucher code?
Message 8 of 39
Latest reply

@reno7ess wrote:
What is the Voucher code?

reno, welcome to the forums.

Please check the dates that threads were started and the dates that posts are posted.

The post you have replied to is from 2013 and that member has not posted here since June 2015. 

You won't be getting an answer from them and even if you did the code would not work.

Again, welcome to the forums.

Message 9 of 39
Latest reply

Try

CAU10    for 10% off

better than nothing

Message 10 of 39
Latest reply