Reply
Community Member
Posts: 15
Registered: ‎02-27-2009

eBay $10 voucher offer

On Sept. 5 2013, eBay invited me by email to make a purchase on my eBay mobile app. between now and Sept. 10 and receive a $10 eBay voucher. This is the requirements eBay sent me.

 

Voucher can only be used when you shop on eBay between September 21 and October 1, 2013 valid for purchases over $50 (including postage and handling). Please note that the voucher is for purchases made using PayPal. Only one voucher per customer and the coupon can only be used by the eBay member to which the invitation is sent.

 

I have since contacted eBay by email on Sept. 11 and also live chat and I was assured that I would be contacted. As of Sept. 16, I have received no replies or offer of a voucher and I intend to make another eBay purchase between the specified dates. I meet all the eBay terms and conditions, Australian resident, over 18 years of age, with active eBay and PayPal accounts, that have not changed.

 

It is now Sept. 16 and if I don't hear from eBay by Sept. 20, I will contact PayPal for a explanation, in case this offer is not legit, as all requests to eBay seem to be falling on deaf ears.

Community Member
Posts: 8,041
Registered: ‎04-01-2007

Re: eBay $10 voucher offer

in reply to kkanga43
There has been a great deal of confusion about these discount vouchers but the situation has been discussed at length and essentially resolved. Suggest you go to the following thread for further information...

http://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Buying/Any-one-else-got-the-email-for-a-10-voucher-if-you-use-the-eb...
Community Member
Posts: 20,198
Registered: ‎07-23-2006

Re: eBay $10 voucher offer

in reply to kkanga43

A number of members have contacted ebay about this particular offer and been told it is not genuine and no vouchers will be issued.

Others, after a lot of perseverance have been told that it is a genuine offer, but not meant for Australia.

I have no idea what the outcome will be, but you are going to have to fight for the voucher I'm afraid.

Community Member
Posts: 8,041
Registered: ‎04-01-2007

Re: eBay $10 voucher offer

[ Edited ]
in reply to lyndal1838

Lyndal, ebay have finally admitted that the mobile offer did indeed come from them, and it is definitely valid for Australian members, as indicated in their terms & conditions at http://pages2.ebay.com.au/Buyer_coupons/Buyer_Mobile_September.

For those who couldn't be bothered reading them, I'll paraphrase the relevant numbered points...

3. This voucher offer is open to selected eBay.com.au registered members who are Australian residents and are 18 years of age or older. By using or attempting to use this voucher you agree to accept and be bound by these terms and conditions.

7. To redeem this voucher, when making a purchase on eBay.com.au, and using PayPal as your payment method, enter the voucher code into the voucher box during the checkout process. For help in changing or adding email addresses to your PayPal account, click here.

8. Your eBay.com.au and PayPal accounts must be active at the time of redemption (not suspended nor made inactive by eBay or PayPal).

10. The voucher is valid for $10 off the total purchase price for one purchase of an item over $50 on eBay.com.au only. This voucher can be used for one transaction only.

16. The parties submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the state of New South Wales.

How anybody can construe that this offer isn't valid in Australia is beyond me, now that ebay admit that it's genuine.

 

Furthermore, ebay have indicated that they will definitely honour these vouchers, but for those who make use of it to keep the relevant copies of their documentation so that they can make sure that everybody entitled to the discount will be paid in due course.

Community Member
Posts: 15
Registered: ‎02-27-2009

Re: eBay $10 voucher offer

in reply to cq_tech

I am still waiting for a reply, hopefully soon.  eBay could be missing out on a lot of existing and new business from potential and new members.  The offer could be extended to new eBay members joining, for their first purchase of $50, or extend it as a annual event.

 

Most of us spend a considerable amount on eBay annually and myself, probably close to $600+. After all, major retail stores have annual sales, so the least eBay could do is to repay their loyal customers for their support and give something back in return.

 

Community Member
Posts: 15
Registered: ‎02-27-2009

Re: eBay $10 voucher offer

in reply to kkanga43

Not what I was expecting. On Sept. 19 just receive a genuine eBay email, offering 10%  off any item on eBay, offer ends 24 Sept. 2013. Well, if I only spend $50, thats only $5, but if you spend $500 on any item, it's $50. I wonder if other members are receiving this offer as a pacifier.

Community Member
Posts: 772
Registered: ‎03-22-2007

Re: eBay $10 voucher offer

in reply to kkanga43

Just curious as to how much seller FVF's will rise after this 10% promotion

has finished. Ebay are essentially giving away the current average FVF.

The only difference between me and a madman is that I am not mad.
Community Member
Posts: 1
Registered: ‎01-02-2017

Re: eBay $10 voucher offer

in reply to kkanga43
What is the Voucher code?
Community Member
Posts: 4,133
Registered: ‎01-21-2010

Re: eBay $10 voucher offer

in reply to reno7ess

reno7ess wrote:
What is the Voucher code?

reno, welcome to the forums.

 

Please check the dates that threads were started and the dates that posts are posted.

 

The post you have replied to is from 2013 and that member has not posted here since June 2015. 

 

You won't be getting an answer from them and even if you did the code would not work.

 

Again, welcome to the forums.

 

Community Member
Posts: 45
Registered: ‎05-07-2006

Re: eBay $10 voucher offer

in reply to reno7ess

Try

 

CAU10    for 10% off

 

better than nothing

Community Member
Posts: 20,198
Registered: ‎07-23-2006

Re: eBay $10 voucher offer

in reply to howqua00

That code applies to a very limited number of categories and you have to spend at least $30 for it to work.

Community Member
Posts: 6,039
Registered: ‎07-28-2015

Re: eBay $10 voucher offer

in reply to lyndal1838

I discovered by accident on one of my accounts today, a $20 off voucher. I have to spend over $100 though. I hadn't planned on making any purchases...........

Community Member
Posts: 10,528
Registered: ‎12-19-2011

Re: eBay $10 voucher offer

in reply to *tippy*toes*

It is unlikely to be in any way connected to the $10 voucher from 2013, however.

Community Member
Posts: 4,133
Registered: ‎01-21-2010

Re: eBay $10 voucher offer

[ Edited ]
in reply to *tippy*toes*

*tippy*toes* wrote:

I discovered by accident on one of my accounts today, a $20 off voucher. I have to spend over $100 though. I hadn't planned on making any purchases...........


got that on one of my accounts.  When I logged in I saw this:

 

thanks20.JPG

 

Looks like it is a reward for me buying one item in Nov and one in Dec.  Both of these had vouchers, which is why I bought in those months on that account (Mario in Dec - tippy, you remember, the little guy holding the paint!!!!  LOL)

Community Member
Posts: 6,039
Registered: ‎07-28-2015

Re: eBay $10 voucher offer

in reply to k1ooo-slr-sales

I only noticed because I was showing Mr Tippy an item that was listed for over $100 and it had the discounted amount under the price. I don't know if I'll use it or not. I really wasn't planning on spending over $100 on anything. Just a shame I can't give it away.

Community Member
Posts: 4,133
Registered: ‎01-21-2010

Re: eBay $10 voucher offer

in reply to *tippy*toes*

*tippy*toes* wrote:

I only noticed because I was showing Mr Tippy an item that was listed for over $100 and it had the discounted amount under the price. I don't know if I'll use it or not. I really wasn't planning on spending over $100 on anything. Just a shame I can't give it away.


no need to spend over $100, just find a $100 item with free postage and get it for just $80.

 

Stock up on packaging supplies, boxes, satchels etc.  That way you will be saving 20% on your packaging supplies costs.

Community Member
Posts: 20,198
Registered: ‎07-23-2006

Re: eBay $10 voucher offer

in reply to *tippy*toes*

Tippy, you can make up the $100 by using the shopping cart to buy several items from different sellers.

The number of items is usually limited to 10 though.

Community Member
Posts: 6,039
Registered: ‎07-28-2015

Re: eBay $10 voucher offer

in reply to k1ooo-slr-sales

k1ooo-slr-sales wrote:

*tippy*toes* wrote:

I only noticed because I was showing Mr Tippy an item that was listed for over $100 and it had the discounted amount under the price. I don't know if I'll use it or not. I really wasn't planning on spending over $100 on anything. Just a shame I can't give it away.


no need to spend over $100, just find a $100 item with free postage and get it for just $80.

 

Stock up on packaging supplies, boxes, satchels etc.  That way you will be saving 20% on your packaging supplies costs.


I don't pay anything for packaging supplies, never have. I have a good source of freebies!

 

Lyndal, I know I can buy multiple items, but there's nothing I really want or need at the moment. I am way overstocked so steering away from looking at anything in that department (as tempting as it is!). I told Mr Tippy to let me know before he buys anything because the voucher isn't on the account that he uses to buy. Not even sure he needs anything, he bought a few things last week.

Community Member
Posts: 4,362
Registered: ‎01-18-2009

Re: eBay $10 voucher offer

in reply to *tippy*toes*

*tippy*toes* wrote:

k1ooo-slr-sales wrote:

*tippy*toes* wrote:

I only noticed because I was showing Mr Tippy an item that was listed for over $100 and it had the discounted amount under the price. I don't know if I'll use it or not. I really wasn't planning on spending over $100 on anything. Just a shame I can't give it away.


no need to spend over $100, just find a $100 item with free postage and get it for just $80.

 

Stock up on packaging supplies, boxes, satchels etc.  That way you will be saving 20% on your packaging supplies costs.


I don't pay anything for packaging supplies, never have. I have a good source of freebies!

 

Lyndal, I know I can buy multiple items, but there's nothing I really want or need at the moment. I am way overstocked so steering away from looking at anything in that department (as tempting as it is!). I told Mr Tippy to let me know before he buys anything because the voucher isn't on the account that he uses to buy. Not even sure he needs anything, he bought a few things last week.


maybe you could by a nice gift and send it to Ebay HQ just to say thank you for the voucher?

Community Member
Posts: 6,039
Registered: ‎07-28-2015

Re: eBay $10 voucher offer

in reply to davidc4430

Maybe I could, especially as I just got an email that I now have a voucher on one of my other accounts. I wonder what they'd like? Crushed glass maybe? No way I'm spending $200 just to use a voucher!