has any one had a item go missing

did anyone have a parcel go missing and australia post says according to their records it was delivered but

you did not get it #

and what did you do

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

The only way to be 100% sure a parcel has been delivered is to use the additional 'signature on delivery' service (an extra $ 2.95) when posting.I have had parcels go 'missing' or 'delivered' by Australia Post in the past, that were posted with a tracking # only.You can lodge an enquiry with Australia Post, where they will 'investigate' (that is contact the driver to see what is going on).Check that your buyer supplied you with a correct address to start with,and ask your buyer to maybe ask a neighbour if the parcel was left there by mistake by the driver.20% of my buyers change their delivery address upon payment thru pay-pal, this then automatically updates the order details on the ebay site.Always post to the Pay-pal advised address when you receive payment notification by email from Pay-pal, as this is the last stage (and chance) your buyer will have to advise you of the correct delivery address.Having said that, I occassionally get emails from buyers asking me to change the delivery address after they have paid thru pay-pal because they 'made a mistake'.Having tracking only on a parcel, is that only, it only shows that a parcel can be tracked thru the mail system.All my listings now show and state that I post with Parcel post and signature required only service.This avoids the situation where a buyer will receive the goods and claim they did not and  is the only way that I can guarantee that my items are delivered, my buyers are advised of this before purchasing and are fully aware of the extra $ 2.95 they will be charged.I hope your parcel is located.Regards Kane.

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Yes I have had parcels go missing with the tracking showing as delivered but on looking into it deeper with Aus Post it only shows as being delivered to the nearest delivery centre which is a different suburb to mine, I have then called Paypal and explained that it does not have anything sent to or delivered to my address or even my suburb and I have had my money refunded.

I have never had one that shoew actual delivery to my address go astray

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

@phorum_junkie* wrote:

Yes I have had parcels go missing with the tracking showing as delivered but on looking into it deeper with Aus Post it only shows as being delivered to the nearest delivery centre which is a different suburb to mine, I have then called Paypal and explained that it does not have anything sent to or delivered to my address or even my suburb and I have had my money refunded.

Australia Post tracking does not show as delivered when it is at or has been handled by the delivery centre.  It shows the status as in transit.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

@thecatspjs wrote:

@phorum_junkie* wrote:

Australia Post tracking does not show as delivered when it is at or has been handled by the delivery centre.  It shows the status as in transit.

With AP delivered definitely does not necessarily mean delivered to the address on the parcel.  I had a registered parcel delivered to my house but as I wasn't there it was carded and sent to my local post office.  Unfortunately collecting parcels from there is a disaster so I usually apply to have them transferred to a better post office. This time it took AP one and a half weeks to move my parcel 5km - and only because I phoned customer service after a week of nothing being done.....but I digress.

Anyway, after I called AP my parcel was back on track to the alternate post office (via the scenic route according to tracking....groan).  Tracking now says 'Delivered' and it was......to the alternate post office where I collected it.  It didn't actually say it was to the post office though. Only the fact that the suburb is different from where I live gives a clue that it was not actually delivered to my home.

AP 'Delivered'.....I guess it means delivered somewhere. Smiley Wink

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

yes, when tracking shows at delivered it is not always to where it was supposed to be delivered to.

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply