hi what do you do when a seller wont send your item you paid for or give you a refund?

hydmannt
Community Member

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

hi what do you do when a seller wont send your item you paid for or give you a refund?

If the seller is refusing to send or not responding to messages, if I paid by paypal, after taking into account the sellers handling time plus post time I would open an item not received dispute.
Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

unfortunately because the seller was so slack to respond the 45 day time frame has passed, we faxed throgh a receipt of payment from our bank records but according to $73.49 is not worth tracing and was told to ask my bank to recover the funds? ive looked into this and theres no point as refuses to acknowledge the funds have been deposited in their account so im back to square one no goods and out of pocket think lodging a complaint with fair trade australia might get me somewhere i just dont want him to treat others this way

Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

If the seller is an Australian Business you have a level of consumer protection under the Australian Consumer Law. 

If not, you could still pursue the seller in a civil claim, though it may not be worth the energy to do so.  In either case I think contacting your States fair trading department for information is wise if you wish to pursue.

Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

Lesson 1 - Don't do bank transfers unless you know and trust the seller. Even then don't risk more than you're prepared to lose.

Lesson  1a - Pay with Paypal unless it's pickup or a vehicle.

Lesson 2 - Don't let a seller string you along. Always open a dispute within Paypal's 45 day cutoff.

Sorry you lost your money, but there is not a lot you can do, unless cats' suggestions are worth it for you.

Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

hi thanks for your advice guys Smiley Happy i thought he was a trusted seller as he has a retail store also just do not accept his lies about not receiving payment when i was holding a receipt in my hand! his attutude was all wrong and to be told my tranaction was nothing compared to other tranactions he does was quite rude and for that reason i would like to teach him a lesson- he does not make up the rules and its not up to him to decide if i get my money back coz the law protects consumers from rip off rats like him ANYWAY i have lodged a formal complaint with fair trade australia and ebay suggested that i lodge a complaint with the police online fraud depatment which was done today all correspondance from me is included along with proof of payment emails and a conformation from ebay that they will provide all the info the police need. $73.49 is not alot to loose but its the principal and he may try this on someone else, suppose hes the owner he can talk to and treat people like sh*t but he does not decide what the law is ๐Ÿ™‚  BEWARE PEOPLE HE IS A RAT

Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

Refer Lesson 1.

That way you won't have to spend the time jumping through hoops.

Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

Make sure you leave his ebay account negative feedback comments to warn other buyers so they too don't get ripped off like you have.  I am sorry you have had a bad experience. 

You are right to stand up for yourself, there are too many dishonest people around nowdays.

Wishing you all the best  ๐Ÿ™‚

Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

yeah real helpful. how about some advice on what you should do, not what you should have done

Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

I referred to catspj's suggestions. Those are pretty much the only avenues.

I'm sure if the OP was offended by my advice they would have replied themself.

Message 10 of 12
Latest reply