how do i contact someone who is no longer a registered account (NARU)

kawen09
Community Member

I recently watched a phone on ebay for a good deal (i didnt have the funds yet.) We messaged each other about the costs (they reduced the cost when i asked ๐Ÿ™‚ very kind seller) and i planned to buy the phone the next day, however i went online to see the listing was gone and the seller labelled "no longer a registered account" i messaged him/her through ebay message and i got a email from ebay saying they were suspended,

since ebay wont allow naru'ed accounts to access their ebay emails, is there any way to contact this seller because i was very keen on buying from them???

seller: pazi-au 

cheers 

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

No, and you probably don't want to.

The account could be suspended for trying to scam buyers out of buying mobile phones.

If ebay closed the account they usually don't de-register for small reasons.

Think of it as a blessing in disguise. Smiley Wink

image host

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

Why would you think that it is a good idea to buy a phone from a 0 feedback ID who opened an account in Ausgust this year? In Lithuania also.I guess you don't care about your $ too much to be still chasing them up now.

Probably lucky that you did not have the $ at the time you were chatting with the eBayer who is NARU now or you would probably be here complaining about being scammed.

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

Sorry,i didn't mean to sound harsh,i was just a tad alarmed 'cos that kind of thinking leads to the buyer getting scammed.

I notice that you are a bit of a newbie so may be unaware of the frequent phone & ipad scams on eBay.So i will be a bit more helpful & suggest being more careful by looking at the seller's history.Never buy electronics etc from a new 0 feedback seller,it's probably a scam.Look at the feedback for a seller & any negative fb especially with comments about items not received etc.

Do an advanced search(up the top right near the big blue box) of this item no. as an example 141257525981.Click on the number in brackets next to their name & this is their fb score.Read the negatives & decide if you want to risk your $ & time & how likely you are to be happy with the sale.

If a seller has less than say 99%(& I'm being generous with this % rate) positive fb then there may be problems that you should avoid.

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

No, and you probably don't want to.

The account could be suspended for trying to scam buyers out of buying mobile phones.

If ebay closed the account they usually don't de-register for small reasons.

Think of it as a blessing in disguise. Smiley Wink

image host
Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

Why would you think that it is a good idea to buy a phone from a 0 feedback ID who opened an account in Ausgust this year? In Lithuania also.I guess you don't care about your $ too much to be still chasing them up now.

Probably lucky that you did not have the $ at the time you were chatting with the eBayer who is NARU now or you would probably be here complaining about being scammed.

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

thanks for the quick reply,

idno i just thought the person seemed legit through our messaging, 

but i guess if they were suspended there must be some sort of reason behind it,

thanks 

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

Of course they are going to sound legit and be all nice and friendly....until they get your money and then they disappear off the face of the earth.

In this case it sounds like ebay has saved you a considerable amount of money, in spite of your efforts to give it away.

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

Sorry,i didn't mean to sound harsh,i was just a tad alarmed 'cos that kind of thinking leads to the buyer getting scammed.

I notice that you are a bit of a newbie so may be unaware of the frequent phone & ipad scams on eBay.So i will be a bit more helpful & suggest being more careful by looking at the seller's history.Never buy electronics etc from a new 0 feedback seller,it's probably a scam.Look at the feedback for a seller & any negative fb especially with comments about items not received etc.

Do an advanced search(up the top right near the big blue box) of this item no. as an example 141257525981.Click on the number in brackets next to their name & this is their fb score.Read the negatives & decide if you want to risk your $ & time & how likely you are to be happy with the sale.

If a seller has less than say 99%(& I'm being generous with this % rate) positive fb then there may be problems that you should avoid.

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

yeah i guess so ๐Ÿ˜› i guess since i;ve had all good experiences in terms of buying off ebay i choose to believe most people are legit. phone wasnt worth much ($30), i just liked the style of it and it was the only one that was unlocked XD 

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

What the others above said. Plus, there are plenty of phones on eBay, you just have to be REALLY careful who you buy from. I can't stress that enough. If you do find one you want, make sure you pay with PayPal. DO NOT pay with bank deposit, regardless of how much they beg.

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply