how to fix access denied to ebay

Having Access Denied problems after logging into www.community.ebay.com.au. I can only view all lists & messages, I can't access my eBay summary, I can't add anything to cart, I can't buy anything, I can't even look at purchasing history, I can't provide feedback, I can't check which sales I'm waiting for deliveries on in case it does not get delivered & I would have to let eBay know.

I'm using Waterfox browser, I've cleared cache, history, updated to the latest flash, I've gone into the flash manager & set that up, I've ran ccleaner to clean **bleep** off the computer, checked the registry etc & nothing works, I've tried on Internet Exploder & nothing works. I've contacted eBay support & they are aware of the problem although denying anything at first, they have stated that they will make this a priority but really all of us who are having this problem have not got time to waste with this happening.

If anyone has a proper answer to why this is happening & a sure fired fix then please provide an answer. There is no point that many people reply to this saying that they have had the same problem as that does not answer the problem. Only reply if you have a way to fix the problem, don't become a part of the problem by getting in the way posting the same thing as i've done.

Message 1 of 25
Latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Logging into the community boards does not give you access to your ebay account.

You need to log into ebay before you can access your Purchase History etc.

They are 2 different processes.....you cannot access the boards to post from your ebay account unless you log in a second time.

I see you are new to the boards so I will give you a tip.....you cannot dictate who answers your question or what they post.

A lot of posters will not be bothered to repl when they see your rather belligerent message.

Message 2 of 25
Latest reply

Thanks for your advice but obviously my point was lost somewhere, I can log in only if i first go to www.community.ebay.com.au, if I try to log into eBay the normal method of logging into www.ebay.com.au then it automatically goes to a blank page saying access denied.

Even when I log in from the www.community.ebay.com.au page it takes me to the normal logon screen & logs me in to the www.ebay.com.au site but I can't access anything except look at my messages & things in the all lists. I can't do anything else. This is the only work around that I have found to access the www.ebay.com.au site without first hitting the access denied window.

The reason for my asking for everyone to not bother reposting that they have the same problem was that all of us that have the same problem just want the problem fixed so that we don't have to bother anyone ever again.

Message 3 of 25
Latest reply

You did not make it very clear that you tried to log into ebay before logging into the boards.

I had never heard of Waterfox....I had to google it after reading your post.   It could be that it is not particularly compatible with ebay.

Have you tried Firefox or Chrome....they definitely work on ebay although IE is not reliable.

Message 4 of 25
Latest reply

try doctor google, search 'access denied ebay'

i'm sure you will get others who have had the problem telling their storys and if/how they fixed it.

Message 5 of 25
Latest reply

Waterfox is firefox but the only difference is that it's 64bit instead of 32bit. The encryption is not the problem because other people who have had the same problem of not being able to log in have said that it also happens to their mobile devices as well. I have heard that it might be a conflict with all cloud based operating systems but I have not heard if it is confirmed or not so I can only say that as I've only seen one person say that then it's at best a rumor.

Message 6 of 25
Latest reply

Try temporarily disabling your firewall and virus protection and see if that works. Has worked for me for other sites that I got that message for. If that doesn't work, try one of the other eBay sites, like ebay.com or ebay.co.uk and see if you can see anything there.

Message 7 of 25
Latest reply

I tried to disable the firewall thinknig it had something to do with my Antivirus but it's not Local, you see even my Mobile Phone can't connect. I've never had this problem before with my Android Mobile Phone, I've never had this problem with Waterfox which is a 64 bit version of Firefox. I've been using Waterfox for as long as I've been using eBay & never had issues from 2014 onwards until now. I've always been able to connect via the Mobile Phone but I chose to never buy through it because I didn't trust the security of passwords into Bank Accounts or Paypal etc. For me this is a recent thing to happen, I've never had this problem before but after much research I've found out that this sort of problem has been going on for a long time over the last few years so eBay is aware of it but I'm not sure if they are really doing anything about it.

Message 8 of 25
Latest reply

But have you tried Firefox, or Chrome, or even Safari?

If it is an eBay problem, they obviously aren't in a hurry to fix it, so a workaround is your best bet.

Message 9 of 25
Latest reply

But it seems that waterfox is much better than firefox, so would be pointless trying. As for trying IE, what's the point? I use it for the forums, but it's useless for anything else eBay related. I am now getting the feeling the OP isn't interested in trying to sort it. An attempt to disable to firewall isn't actually physically disabling it to see if that's blocking it. There's one site where I had to disable the firewall on both the router and the computer to be able to see it, but I guess that's no help to the OP.

OP, there is no-one from eBay here. No-one else here seems to be having the problem, so you either get back onto eBay by ringing them, or you try some of the suggested work arounds. No-one here can fix your issues as no-one here is having the issues, all we can do is offer work arounds. If that's not good enough, sorry. I'm done.

Message 10 of 25
Latest reply