i think its wrong that people can just pull their advertised item whenever they want

aaA seller is able to pull an advertised item these days yet a seller has no rights ebay is getting worse than gumtree lately with no rules

Message 1 of 23
Latest reply
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

i think its wrong that people can just pull their advertised item whenever they want

i think its wrong that people can just pull their bids whenever they want

(Well I don't actually, I would rather have a cancelled bid than an unpaid item but the OP should at least have a level playing field)

See what a trendsetter I am?

View solution in original post

Message 21 of 23
Latest reply

i did pay then it was refunded because the price was to low

View solution in original post

Message 22 of 23
Latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Why do you think that sellers should not be able to remove a listing if they want to?

I assume you mean that buyers have no rights...how does this pertain to sellers removing a listing?

Can you give an example of what has upset you?

I think you will find a lot of buyers and sellers who will disagree with your assessment that ebay has no rules....most of us think they have too many rules, or at least too many stupid restrictions that make little sense.

Message 2 of 23
Latest reply

My listing, my item, my right to pull the item from sale if I like. Buyer rights don't come into it. It's absolutely nothing to do with you why a seller pulls a listing. Until a buyer pays for it, it belongs to the seller, who can do whatever s/he likes with it.

Message 3 of 23
Latest reply

Tippy I am wondering if the OP is mistaking ebay pulling a listing with the seller doing it.

That is why I asked what has happened.

Message 4 of 23
Latest reply

It's annoying if an item is pulled after you won or paid for it but that can happen on any sales forum, even the big ones that sell new products only.

It's not as bad as gumtree, not even close.Smiley Happy

Sellers on ebay pay fees, those on gumtree don't, so on the whole, ebay sellers are more committed.

Message 5 of 23
Latest reply

Things happen.

An item is dropped and breaks, the listing needs to be taken down.

image host
Message 6 of 23
Latest reply

if you see an item you really really cant live without, buy it or bid on it ASAP

because until it is sold or has bids on it the seller can remove it from sale.

it can be the quick and the dead here.

we also get complaints from buyers about last moment bidders who out bid them, thats how the cookie crumbles on ebay sometimes.

Message 7 of 23
Latest reply

@1723donna wrote:

aaA seller is able to pull an advertised item these days yet a seller buyer has no rights ebay is getting worse than gumtree lately with no rules

I am going to take your post as it reads (I did make the correction in red).

I used to sell a lot more things on a range of accounts.  At one time I had about 16 items listed on one account.  Some were auctions with bids and some were Buy-It-Nows.  Anyway, on this one particular Saturday, and without warning, I cancelled bids and pulled every listing.  My reason . . . . my father died and I live 1000km from where he died and my mother and other family members live.

So, members have a life outside of eBay and sometimes that life takes precedence over eBay listings running their full course.  Imagine that  Smiley Frustrated

I'm guessing here, but I must ask, donna, did you have the opening 99c bid on an auction item worth a lot more than 99c with only a day or two to go when the seller pulled the listing?

Spoiler
and before anyone asks, I did message every bidder on my items letting them know why canceled their bids.  I also messaged them when I relisted and invited them to bid again if they were still interested.
Message 8 of 23
Latest reply

I'm guessing here, but I must ask, donna, did you have the opening 99c bid on an auction item worth a lot more than 99c with only a day or two to go when the seller pulled the listing?

--------------------------------------------

Yes, I have to say that if I made the mistake of listing an item-any item- for 99c (as ebay suggests) then found I only had one bid, I would pull the ad too.

------------------------

Just this week I told my daughter to pull off one of her ads on facebook. She had a good quality baby walker-rocker-activity centre at $10. Someone offered her $5. They are worth over $100 new. She deleted the ad and posted a new one with triple the price and sold in 24 hours.

Ebay sellers have every right to do that with their ads too. New sellers can get caught out. items can break. Things happen. Mind you, I wouldn't expect to see a seller make a habit of it, week after week. You would hope they would learn as they go.

Message 9 of 23
Latest reply

I think it's wrong that I have to keep seeing this...

i think its wrong that people can just pull their ...

Message 10 of 23
Latest reply