old mowers, buyer beware!!!

Simple caution when buying from scrupulous sellers who know the facts about what they are selling especially the values, except they ignore this to get as much cash as possible including missleading information! In this tale about vintage, antiqure and clasical mowers! This ebay seller goes through all the mower forums online gets as much information as he can, of which he also does not share or denays knowing anything about or some lame excuse before insulting people of mower forums before getting himseld banned!!

View my attachment screenshot pic to view this sellers ebay name and his listings???

His stuff...Oh-and he'll even hide behind children as an excuse for his knowledgable ignorant of which he is not!!!

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Re: old mowers, buyer beware!!!

It is writen that-way because ebay staff can not do anything about him for the past couple of years as he is not using other people's pictures and why they can not do anything!!

The mower model is from the 60s and not a rotomo which is from the early to mid 50s of which he knows this and why he is misleading...even I have spoken to him and he simply calls you a liar....where folks alike me have the original victa 2 volume manuals containing the spare parts list,  repair and linage of these!!!

Only a knowledgable mower restorer and collector will know what I mean, and this is for them and perhaps for beginners to ask the right questions!

My facebook page is "rustiquemowers".

Its human nature to compete with itself at the expense of other's (aspect).

View solution in original post

Message 13 of 14
Latest reply

Would you like to read back over this thread?

4 answers saying the same thing is just a little over the top,  don't ya think?

One answer for everybody would have sufficed.

And buying anywhere is always  'buyer beware' regardless of the platform.

View solution in original post

Message 14 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Sorry for spelling but forums wont let me edit!!!

Message 2 of 14
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

That is all very cryptic and I cannot see what the seller is doing wrong.

If you believe his prices are too high you don't have to bid or buy.

And ebay is not responsible for anything he does on other forums or his off ebay trading.

Message 3 of 14
Latest reply

the sellers feedback is 100%...i read sellers feedback and all happy customers...me personally DON'T see a problem at all.

Message 4 of 14
Latest reply

I can't see anything wrong with the Victa lawnmower ad.  There's no misrepresentation, and his asking price is subject to what a collector of these things will pay.  In most cases, market forces drive selling prices.  Your message is also unclear as to what you're actually complaining about—it's all very ambiguously worded.

And 63 sales in the past 12 months and not one neg or neutral?  Your claim doesn't make sense.

Message 5 of 14
Latest reply

Not seeing any sort of a problem here (other than butt-hurt) - he's allowed to sell the items for as much as he likes, so long as he actually has them and isn't misrepresenting their condition.

And the whole "doesn't have knowledge of the product, gets it all off forums" bit - what on earth's wrong with that? It's called "product research", more eBay sellers should do some. Better than some numpty making it up as he goes...

Message 6 of 14
Latest reply

I think the problem  is it is described as original

It looks like it is not an all original 1950's Victa 18 or 'toecutter," *as advertised)  but actually has, at a minimum, (2016) repro wheels, hubcaps,exhaust and paint ....

search 

Vintage antique victa Toe Cutter

which is advertised as

Condition:
Seller refurbished: An item that has been restored to working order by the eBay seller or a third party

I think the OP is intimating It's akin to advertising a chinese knock off black boy money box as an original ie at the very least the seller should fess up to the repro bits

TELL ME AND I WILL FORGET, SHOW ME AND I MAY REMEMBER,, INVOLVE ME AND I WILL UNDERSTAND Confucius 450bc
Message 7 of 14
Latest reply

looks the same ?

Message 9 of 14
Latest reply

It is writen that-way because ebay staff can not do anything about him for the past couple of years as he is not using other people's pictures and why they can not do anything!!

The mower model is from the 60s and not a rotomo which is from the early to mid 50s of which he knows this and why he is misleading...even I have spoken to him and he simply calls you a liar....where folks alike me have the original victa 2 volume manuals containing the spare parts,  repair and linage of these!!!

Only a knowledgable mower restorer and collector will know what I mean, and this is for them and perhaps for beginners to ask the right questions!

Its human nature to compete with itself at the expense of other's (aspect).

(back up message!!)

Message 10 of 14
Latest reply