please accept cancel transaction

Hi please mind my typing. I'm new to buying items.I have recently purchased through paypal a pc at $940. It has been delivered today. I had just missed the delivery guy so maybe atend of day orelse 2morrow i can pick up. Now the issue is the seller is asking for me to cancle transaction to save him $89. Which i can understand, but i do not want to do anything untill i have set it up and had a good look at it to make surethe product is all kosha.   MY QUESTION IS                What can be an outcome if i agreed to his request. all advice would be much appreciated and taken on board THANK YOU.

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I would advise you not to agree to or accept the cancellation. In the grand scheme of things, it shouldn't affect any of your rights if it turns out to be faulty or missing components etc, but it is a breach of policy to avoid eBay fees - all sellers have to pay them for a successful sale, and I would not be helping any seller breach policies in this manner. I would only agree to a cancel transaction request if the sale did not go through for some reason, or the item was returned and a refund received.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

I would advise you not to agree to or accept the cancellation. In the grand scheme of things, it shouldn't affect any of your rights if it turns out to be faulty or missing components etc, but it is a breach of policy to avoid eBay fees - all sellers have to pay them for a successful sale, and I would not be helping any seller breach policies in this manner. I would only agree to a cancel transaction request if the sale did not go through for some reason, or the item was returned and a refund received.

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Thank you very much. Digital Ghost

A good answer i am with more confidence now. I don't blame the fella for trying. I will not report. Nothing gone sour as yet fortunately. Thank you

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

This is happening alot lately sellers asking to cancel so they can receive their FVFs back,I've heard that some sellers are now offering buyers an incentive if they go along with the cancellation.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

If you accept his request,you will lose you money.He can refund you can then call the couriers to return them,you just lose the post fee but not all.
So far.
Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

image host
Message 6 of 6
Latest reply