refund// partial refund on damaged items

HI,

Recently bought a dress, nwt. When it arrived there were 3 separate areas of staining, the one of prime concern  dark black

(?grease) stains on the front skirt area of the dress.

I'm not at all confident the black grease stains would come out with a dry clean. They are not v large, but the dress is light cream, so they are quite noticeable.

Contacted ( the very new) seller, providing 3 pics of damage. She asked what I wanted and i asked to return the dress for a refund

she refused saying she didnt' do refunds, the damage was minimal, the dress was still wearable, I had got a bargain and she would give me $20 off. She also implied I inflicted the damage myself.

After several increasingly hostile emails I have opened a case asking for a return and a  full refund

She responded saying she wouldn't refund and the dress was perfectly fine to wear

she subsequently has made a formal offer for a $25 refund

I REALLY dont want the dress , i'm not particularly fussy, but I'm really not happy about all the staining. It's signficiantly not as described

Is there any disadvantage for me as the buyer rejecting the partial refund? Am i likely to have my request for a full refund rejected?

( i have excedllent paypal and ebay buying history)

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

You can reject the partial refund and escalate to a claim.

You will though more than likely have to return the dress at your cost via trackable postage.

The seller saying they do not do refunds is rubbish as the refund will be on their next invoice from ebay once you are refunded.

You should leave feedback to reflect the sellers actions as well.

Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

If the dress is not as described ( as you have said ) open an Item not as Described Dispute.

Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

If you have opened a Not as Described case under the ebay money back guarantee policy and ebay rule in your favour the seller will have to pay the return postage costs.

Has your request been escalated to an actual case or is it still at the request to return the item stage?

Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

You buy & sell clothes on the same account.The seller may suspect that your claim of a black grease mark on a BNWT dress may be an unreliable as you are also a seller.Why have you not just lodged a claim through PayPal for a return for refund?That's what happens now.Seller says no returns so eBay rules for the buyer.You should beware of that yourself with your No Returns Accepted policy.Money Back Guarantee says that aint so & clothing sales are in the worst hit category for fraud along  with electronics.

Your measurements & sizing alone will possibly get you into some trouble with buyers.Saying that a Sz 12 skirt will fit Sz10-14 is really asking for a SNAD.Saying that you work a lot & will post next day won't help you with todays impatient buyers if you haven't done the correct handling time for you either.

Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

No

Only initiated today. Can't escalate unitl 12 DecI dont' think.

Don't know that I entirely get the process - i  almost never complain.

People are saying now I should have gone through paypal, but I thought the new ebay policy was meant to be better??

And last time I went to paypal I was redirected back to ebay

Anyway, so long as I'm not disadvantaging myself someone by rejecting her partial refund offer

Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

How can me being a seller be relevant when I'm asking for a return for a refund?  SHE'S the one trying to insist on a partial refund

I provided detailed pics of the damage.

Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

You should be able to escalate it after 3 business days.

Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

This is the message I have from ebay...

The seller offered you a partial refund of AU $25.00.

You should reply soon- this refund offer is available until Dec 12, 2014.

If there's a problem, you can ask us to step in and help on Dec 12, 2014.

Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

That's simply the latest date you can accept the offer. You can reject the offer right now if you wish and request a full refund instead. You certainly don't have to wait until December 12 to do so.
Message 10 of 12
Latest reply