requesting more photos from seller

sro_brd
Community Member
I'm currently watching an item on ebay (a gorgeous dress i missed out on from my fave shop) - the seller has only uploaded one photo of the dress though, and would love to ask to see more before making a bid. is this a reasonable request? I've happily provided additional photos upon request for my own itens before, but I have seen some slightly scathing forum posts adviding against it. would love some guidance! thanks ๐Ÿ™‚
Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

If the seller is willing they can revise the listing and put more photos in or they can attach photo's in a message.

I think the warnings have been with members trying to send phone numbers, emails and asking for an address.

image host
Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

sro_brd
Community Member
thanks, puts me a little bit more at ease!
Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

I don't think any seller would be upset if you worded it politely.

Just say you're interested and do they have any other photos, if so, you would love to see them.

That way you leave it open to the seller to say yes or no, it doesn't come across as an order.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

Springy, I think the OP was concerned about getting a short exclusion from eBay for possibly wanting to purchase outside eBay.

image host
Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

@sro_brd wrote:
I'm currently watching an item on ebay (a gorgeous dress i missed out on from my fave shop) - the seller has only uploaded one photo of the dress though, and would love to ask to see more before making a bid. is this a reasonable request? I've happily provided additional photos upon request for my own itens before, but I have seen some slightly scathing forum posts adviding against it. would love some guidance! thanks ๐Ÿ™‚

I get requests for extra photos at times. It does not worry me at all. At least it shows people are genuinly interested in an item.

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply