seller adding ebay fees on invoice

I thought i was against eBay policy to charge the buyer for the 10% eBay fees by adding it to the invoice after the sale.I thought that no extra charges were allowed to be added on top of the sale price.

The seller of this item has it on all their listings 191524889964

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

It probably could be worded (and spell-checked) better but they are referring to combined postage when they purchase additional items.

How I read it is  if someone just purchased one item they would not be charged extra, but multiple purchases will have postage combined minus cost of fees.

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

There used to be an explicit policy about adding extra charges post-sale, but I haven't been able to find it for a while (in the help pages, the only one I've found states that a seller can't charge anything related to postage costs if postage is listed as 'free'), so not sure what - if anything - eBay would be prepared to do about it. 

If I'm reading their listing correctly, while not technically 'kocher', it's how they're working out combined postage rates, as they say it's per additional item (so if you bought one item, it should be the price and postage as listed, but if you bought a second item, the postage calculation would be cost + 10% of the second item total - they'd be better off just saying 'happy to combine postage, please wait for an invoice.... though, in saying that, if something went for $100, I would not be happy if a combined invoice for two items with individual quotes of $1.50 P&H came through with over $10 P&H - in which case, during checkout I'd be tempted to uncombine the items and pay $1.50 separately...)

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

pigtails.gif     Hi sookie,  how's ya been?

Sooooo - their listing states

Local pick-up is welcome, I am happy to combine postage, 10% of (finial price including postage) will be added to your finial invoice per additional listing won to cover Ebay fees etc.., and any additional cost for postage due to size and weight will also be added to invoice.

Don't need spellchecker for that. 

If you paid for it straight away (no combining needed)  will they refuse

to send it cos you didn't pay their ebay fees for them?

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

Hiya! yeah i don't sell anything so I've got no intention of paying selling fees or "finial" value fees.

What can i say except card people are special.The other seller got back to me after 4 or 5 days saying to buy any cards at full value & he will refund later.Hard times replacing cards for the kid's old Marvel sets.

Better than the seller who is selling this ratty old 2014 $2 coin for $5 + $2 post i guess 390932323611

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

Wow,  31,816 listings! 

Love this bit on the 2014 $2 coin - Picture for illustration only; not actual coin.

LOL

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

Then there's $19.99 for an "almost uncirculated" 20c coin + $2 postage. Then in the listing it says it's circulated. 330503337459 Seems a bit ridiculous when he sold a proof 20c coin for $12 with free postage.

Seems someone wanted a carpy old $2 coin for $5 plus postage, he sold one in Feb!

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

He's not silly then,  is he?  

Maybe we should jump on the band wagon - seems to be working     

lol  @  'almost uncirculated'  Is that like  'a little bit pregnant'?

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

@i-love-my-sheep wrote:

Then there's $19.99 for an "almost uncirculated" 20c coin + $2 postage. Then in the listing it says it's circulated. 330503337459 Seems a bit ridiculous when he sold a proof 20c coin for $12 with free postage.

Seems someone wanted a carpy old $2 coin for $5 plus postage, he sold one in Feb!

"Almost uncirculated" is a legitimate coin grading.

And it is not much use trying to compare and Almost UNC coin with a proof coin of a different year.

Having said that, I doubt that I would take too much notice of his grading skills......he has some awful rubbish listed.

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply