smashed antique delivery

trudy66
Community Member

Would appreciate if someone can advise me please - antique delivered smashed to bits. Do I file claim wuth EBay for item not as described or do I file a damage claim as damaged goods? Thanks.

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

smashed antique delivery

Not even an apology from the seller - just told me he ships breakables all the time - His packing skills are woeful.
Thanks to you Lyndal and to Kopenhagen for advising me.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

smashed antique delivery

Contact your seller first and send some pics as attachments in the eBay message.

The seller may just refund you immediately and they can claim with the carrier.

If not then you can open a case for INAD and mention in the claim it is broken and sharp.

You will probably not be required to return the pieces.

image host
Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

smashed antique delivery

I messaged the seller with pics and was instructed by him that i am covered by Ebay Money Back Guarantee and I have to file a return request. Is this a better way to do it than just open a case for INAD?

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

smashed antique delivery

It is basically the same thing....just open the request through the ebay money back guarantee if that is what the seller wants you to do.

I suspect he thinks that ebay will refund you but in reality they will take the money from his paypal account anyway....and he risks a defect once ebay is involved.

However, it is completely safe for you as you have the backing of ebay if the seller tries to backpedal on the refund.

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

smashed antique delivery

Not even an apology from the seller - just told me he ships breakables all the time - His packing skills are woeful.
Thanks to you Lyndal and to Kopenhagen for advising me.
Message 5 of 5
Latest reply