so many phones listed that are by sellers with 0 feedback

one is particulary interesting, has two listing with same pictures and all.

is there a way to report items that I think are probably not even real and are in fact a scam?

there is no reporting function for items that we think are not real, I have now brought 3 phones that were not delivered and had to go through paypal to get my money back...  all had 100% feedback... one of whom went down to 83% by the next day... now I check that they have been members for longer than a year and have had + feedback as a seller not just a buyer and have sold items that are woth more than a few bob... lol steep learning curve and I have been a happy ebayer for many years!

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

@mandysrdb wrote:

one is particulary interesting, has two listing with same pictures and all.

is there a way to report items that I think are probably not even real and are in fact a scam?

there is no reporting function for items that we think are not real, I have now brought 3 phones that were not delivered and had to go through paypal to get my money back...  all had 100% feedback... one of whom went down to 83% by the next day... now I check that they have been members for longer than a year and have had + feedback as a seller not just a buyer and have sold items that are woth more than a few bob... lol steep learning curve and I have been a happy ebayer for many years!

There most certainly is a report function for every item.

Scroll down page on listing on RHS you will find "Report Item."

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

I have reported all of them but the fraud thing says, that the item is not theirs to sell as in it is stolen, in this case they are non-existent I believe...

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

If it's the ones I found a few days ago, those sellers are using a stock photo from google.

And I believe one stated they were selling it for a friend or relative.

One appeared genuine, the other not so.

Ebay will look at it and make a determination but if ebay can't find anything concrete, they cannot do much.

image host
Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

I have now brought 3 phones that were not delivered and had to go through paypal to get my money back

They have achieved their objective, they now have an email address they know is current so be extra careful about phishing emails over the next year. The chances of you getting a bargain buying a mobile phone on ebay are minimal, do yourself a favour and buy from a store.  Most of the cheap ebay ones come from China and are either counterfeit or a load of carp and you cannot even send them back using Aus Post.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 5 of 5
Latest reply