unlocked phones

Hi,

last year I bought a UNLOCKED phone but it still contains software from a service provider ( AT&T ) which are locked into the root.

This is a pain because I am living in Australia and these software is slowing down the phones functions.

Is it O.K. to sell mobile phones like this ?

Message 1 of 16
Latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

unlocked phones

imastawka
Honored Contributor

Wow.   Are you the unluckiest buyer on ebay?

Feedback left for others indicates you just might be.  

Message 2 of 16
Latest reply

unlocked phones

Stawks, they have just discovered how to get 100% discounts without drawing too much attention to it.  How many sellers would pick up on those refunds when they are disguised as positives.

Message 3 of 16
Latest reply

unlocked phones

I didn't want to state the bleedin' obvious Lyndal.

But you are right.    Free ebay shopping

Karma gave them an unlocked phone that was, after all, locked.

Message 4 of 16
Latest reply

unlocked phones

@lyndal1838 wrote:

Stawks, they have just discovered how to get 100% discounts without drawing too much attention to it.  How many sellers would pick up on those refunds when they are disguised as positives.

All the sellers reading the boards will, party time I suspect.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 5 of 16
Latest reply

unlocked phones

Or else predictive text has reared its ugly head.

Message 6 of 16
Latest reply

unlocked phones

@imastawka wrote:

WOW  alright. they left  21 of these comments "Item did not arrive. Money has been reimbursed"

holy cr#p...they must think they are shopping with freebay...i just broke my chair hurrying up to include them to my "special" list......Man WinkMan Very Happy

eyes.jpeg

Message 7 of 16
Latest reply

unlocked phones

@imastawka wrote:

Good grief. Smiley Surprised

Common sense would tell you that if item after item from different sellers from all over Aust were never being delivered then

-you needed to stop buying from ebay for a while till you got things sorted

-you needed to get onto the post office to sort things out because something was very wrong.

It stretches credulity that so many things could be 'lost'. My own experience is things can be slow but never have I had anything lost, either buying or selling. A couple of times many years ago I bought items that did not arrive but I am 100% certain the sellers never posted them as they ignored messages too and some were deregistered shortly afterwards. That was in the days before paypal.

So yes, something is wrong but I don't think it is Aust post either.

Message 8 of 16
Latest reply

unlocked phones

If you are using it with another network then it is unlocked. I doubt very much if the seller intimated in any way that there was or was not any original software on the phone. I have a phone which I used on the 3 network in the UK, when I use my Aus SIM here there is still some software and apps connected to 3 that I cannot get rid of. It makes absolutely no difference to the speed ot use of the phone.

Are you perhaps asking in the hope of opening a Paypal dispute for not as described as you actually had to pay for this item?

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 9 of 16
Latest reply

unlocked phones

I suspect OP had one INR (for which the feedback was left) and is using the eBay app, without realising that unless they change the comment, it will stay the same for every other seller they leave feedback for. 

Just a guess.

Message 10 of 16
Latest reply