we can't process your payment

Anyone else having problems paying for goods? I have checked with my husband and definitely no problems with our bank nor funds. I have tried Paypal and credit card but I keep getting the same error message...

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

I made a payment through Paypal a few hours ago with no problems, perhaps as it's eBay's maintainance day try again in an hour or so.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

I first tried about 7pm and tried again there

Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

Maybe try clearing cache and cookies then reboot your computer paula, my payment went through Firefox by the way.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

I have not had it happen recently but in the past I have had that message.

Just be patient and try again, perhaps in the morning.

When you see the wording "We cannot process your payment"  you can be fairly sure it is a problem with paypal.   If it is a problem at your end you are usually told to contact your financial institution....just a polite way of telling you it is your fault, not theirs.Smiley Sad

Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

If you get part way through the payment process before it goes ape don't try again straight away, leave it for a while and then log into Paypal and make sure it did not go through, that sometimes happens and people have ended up having to get sellers to refund one of the payments.

If it is happening straight away then it is usually best to wait until the next day, it is also a good idea to change browsers.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

Thank you..

Yeah last night I tried Internet Explorer and Chrome but no luck on either. I tried on our PC and on our laptop. This was trying Paypal and trying to pay credit card. Both! I checked our banking and paypal and no problem on either for funds/access... anything! I thought I just hope going into a new day will somehow miraculously make a difference and sure enough it did... went through today  no problem.

A blip in the system somehow... was certainly no problems our end. Still this thread might help someone in the future to just give it time!

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

Most regular members on these forums know about FREAKY FRIDAY because it's usually maintenance day and anything and everything

can go and does go wrong lol.

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

Oh really?! Lol!! That's what it was then! I am now in the know... 

Thank you!

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

I have had the same problem, tried 5 times, called Paypal who said to call the bank, the bank said the transactions (5) were pending and to contact Paypa. Paypal then said it was their security department. I tried again the next day and the same thing has happened. The seller only accepts paypal. I am talking of less than A$30. Not sure what is going on here as it has happened with two different sellers. Any hints?

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply