zero feedbackers bumping up prices or sellers bidding on their own items.

trevest2
Community Member

Message 1 of 18
Latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Would love to give help but not even sure what that would be.

What is a zero feedbacker??

Shill bidders will get caught out.

Message 2 of 18
Latest reply

no..JPG

Message 3 of 18
Latest reply

Same as i said to the other poster a min ago,throw us an item number so people here can have a look & see what they think about it.

Maybe it is shilling,maybe not.

Message 4 of 18
Latest reply

lol hillarious, love it.

Message 5 of 18
Latest reply

@cmcoins2000 wrote:

Would love to give help but not even sure what that would be.

What is a zero feedbacker??

Shill bidders will get caught out.

a zero feedbacker is a member with no feedback yet i.e. their feedback that appears after their ID is (0)

Message 6 of 18
Latest reply

This wasn't the tent that sold the other day was it.They were selling for around a $100.00 or so ,then 2 ppl with zero feedback boosted the price up to $3,833.00.Could not see any sane person bidding that much for a 5 to 8 person tent

Message 7 of 18
Latest reply

Sorry, but a seller can't bid on their own items unless they are using another ID

Message 8 of 18
Latest reply

@downeyas wrote:

Sorry, but a seller can't bid on their own items unless they are using another ID

I might be wrong, but I'm pretty sure it would have to be another ID that had not been registered from the same IP as the sellers.

It may possibly also need to be another ID that even if registered from a different IP was not regularly accessed from the same IP that the seller regularly accessed theirs through.

I have a good friend that had his & his wife's ebay accounts both suspended some time back, after the wife accidently broke an item he had listed for BIN on ebay when moving it to clean his desk. He was away from both home and work for the day & unable to be contacted. Because she knew it was listed on eBay for sale & didn't want anyone to buy it in broken condition (INAD),  since she didn't know his account password & couldn't contact him she did the only thing she could think of & logged into her own account and bought it herself for the BIN. By the time he came home, both their accounts had been suspended. He managed to get them re-instated a few days later after contacting eBay & explaining the situation. Both IDs had been registered from the same IP.

Message 9 of 18
Latest reply

I have four accounts registered from the one IP address. Occasionally if I am having technical issues with paypal I will create a listing ( for a match box ) BIN 10 cents and buy and pay for it with another of my accounts. I have never been questioned by ebay or paypal over this, so it can easily be done. The seller may only get into strife if someone actually phones CS or trust & safety and reports the suspicous activity. No sane person is going to bid over $3000 for a tent even if it is their own as they will be hit with high ebay fees or defects for cancelling the transaction. ( unless they are extremly carefull and know the system well )

Message 10 of 18
Latest reply