Address was "shiftingly" changed!!

Hi there, this is my first time to vent. I was looking to buy a jacket from a movie for my boyfriend. I found it only in the US. So I spoke to the seller and after a couple of bargaining back and forth I got a great deal and no postage fee...this was on May 2nd. Then last night the seller asked me if I had received my package and I was like no, I will check in tomorrow's post. Then this morning when I was at work he messaged me saying that it had arrived sending me a picture attached with the tracking number. When I looked it was mailed to Kentucky in the states. I messaged him back saying that wherever they sent it to the address is wrong. My address in Melbourne is my primary, nothing and nowhere else but Melbourne. Then he says---" we have shipped to the same address as mentioned in your profile you have not mentioned it earlier that you needed it shipped elsewhere. Attached is the snapshot of your profile address" which somehow it stars that my address Airport Exchange Blvd Kentucky USA." Really **bleep** off about this. Spoke to eBay and they said that your address is registered when you complete the Paypal transaction when purchasing an item. Obviously the seller has shiftingly changed my address.
Message 1 of 17
Latest reply
4 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Before you jump to conclusions and accuse someone of doing something they may not have done.

US sellers are often automatically eligible for the Global Shipping Program.

This means the item goes to Erlanger distribution centre in Kentucky and is repacked and forwarded to you using a company such as Fedex.

You will normally have a tracking number to Erlanger then get a new tracking from there to Aus.

Is it possible that is what has happened ?

image host

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 17
Latest reply

That could've happened

Message 4 of 17
Latest reply

I know, but this is a public forum and to say someone is being shifty can be detrimental, especially if the seller reads here.

Many US sellers come to our forums.

Check to see if it's part of the GSP and if so, good result, no need to worry.

The GSP is not fast but dependable providing the items are permissable to be sent.

image host

Message 6 of 17
Latest reply

It may be the seller is unaware their eBay account is signed up with the GSP.

Something in eBay's wisdom thought was a good idea to introduce to all members and I believe you need to opt out of it otherwise you are in.

The seller then sends to the address specified which would be the GSP's office and that company is Pitney Bowes with their main distribution centre being in Kentucky. The seller may have thought that was your address, especially if they don't sell much and perhaps their first International sale since the GSP.

Basically USA have the 2 main ways of postage from eBay, apart from private courier companies.

USPS (same as Aust Post) and the GSP.

Many buyers stay away from sellers with the GSP because it's expensive but it sounds like you negotiated a price including the shipping costs.

Is there a tracking number provided?

image host

Message 8 of 17
Latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

I thought to myself you A.....how can you do that? Why would a seller be so shifty about that sort of thing.
Message 2 of 17
Latest reply

Before you jump to conclusions and accuse someone of doing something they may not have done.

US sellers are often automatically eligible for the Global Shipping Program.

This means the item goes to Erlanger distribution centre in Kentucky and is repacked and forwarded to you using a company such as Fedex.

You will normally have a tracking number to Erlanger then get a new tracking from there to Aus.

Is it possible that is what has happened ?

image host
Message 3 of 17
Latest reply

That could've happened
Message 4 of 17
Latest reply

I'm not accusing anyone that's just how I felt because the seller is stating that my address wasn't the true address when the purchase went through
Message 5 of 17
Latest reply

I know, but this is a public forum and to say someone is being shifty can be detrimental, especially if the seller reads here.

Many US sellers come to our forums.

Check to see if it's part of the GSP and if so, good result, no need to worry.

The GSP is not fast but dependable providing the items are permissable to be sent.

image host
Message 6 of 17
Latest reply

I understand that and I take responsibility for the that comment. My apologies. It's weird because the seller is telling me that my address is wrong and when I checked I'm like no, my address is correct. I don't understand how the mail system works with the US.
Message 7 of 17
Latest reply

It may be the seller is unaware their eBay account is signed up with the GSP.

Something in eBay's wisdom thought was a good idea to introduce to all members and I believe you need to opt out of it otherwise you are in.

The seller then sends to the address specified which would be the GSP's office and that company is Pitney Bowes with their main distribution centre being in Kentucky. The seller may have thought that was your address, especially if they don't sell much and perhaps their first International sale since the GSP.

Basically USA have the 2 main ways of postage from eBay, apart from private courier companies.

USPS (same as Aust Post) and the GSP.

Many buyers stay away from sellers with the GSP because it's expensive but it sounds like you negotiated a price including the shipping costs.

Is there a tracking number provided?

image host
Message 8 of 17
Latest reply

Oh I get it now...oh my god I jumped to
Conclusions and I look like a banana now. Yes there is a tracking number.
Message 9 of 17
Latest reply

No probs, just keep an eye on that and you may get a new tracking number once it's on it's way to Aus.

Good luck and come back here if you have any queries. Smiley Happy

image host
Message 10 of 17
Latest reply