Question for quilters.

Question for any quilters out there:

I have so many fabric remnant leftovers from my cushion covers, I'm going to start offering pre-cut quilting squares in bulk and wanted to know:

1) What is the most common/best size to offer? From what I can see, 5" squares seem to be the most desirable size, but I can offer anything from 3"- 6.5".

2) Do quilters always want plain cotton, or is it worth my while to offer different weights of fabric such as jaquard?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Question for quilters.

imastawka
Honored Contributor

Image result for bump animated

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

Question for quilters.

I thought Tas might be the one to answer this one

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

Question for quilters.

And again.   Someone will turn up, surely

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

Question for quilters.

Oh no, not I ..... I'm only into art quilts, wish I could assist but I couldn't offer any advice that would contribute helpfully.

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

Question for quilters.

Sorry Tas, only knew you were a quilter.   Forgot the artsy stuff

I thought there were more quilters on here.    Image result for smiley sigh animated  Maybe not any more.   Related image

Sorry cushioncovers,  I tried    Image result for smiley sad animated

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

Question for quilters.

Thanks Stawks, although maybe the thread should be moved into the hobby section.I'll see if I can get it moved, or just open a new thread in there.

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

Question for quilters.

Question for quilters.

kez2016
Community Member

hi cushioncovers,

My tuppenceworth is -

Offer a range of sizes-depending on what you have available, as different projects require different sizes.I'm moving to explore improv(isation) quilts. So yes 5" is fine- or 6.5, 4.5, 3, 3.5. etc.

Folks into English paper piecing have also bought bags of scraps down to 2" as they might be making tiny hexigons etc.

So- maybe go for the larger sizes or even offer 10cm or 20cms or 10"  of something if you don't want to dissect it, or run out of time. This is likely to reaches other people's needs too. Some folks fussy cut so may want 4" repeated in a pattern. Sky's the limit.

Good luck,

K.

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

Question for quilters.

If selling to quilters, only 100% quality  quilting fabrics only please 

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply