Why are sellers allowed to continue when they have ripped people off .

luinoz
Community Member

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

You will need to give more information if you want people to help you.

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

As OP said, more detail required.

However, on a general note, you could pose exactly the same question about buyers who abuse the system.

Infact the newest ebay policies make it relatively simple and in my view encouraging for buyers to do just that.

It is only a small proportion of the whole buying community that indulge in bad buying behaviour but some of ebay's new rules seem almost like an invitation to those buyers so inclined to behave badly and scam sellers.

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

Hi

As a buyer with Ebay for years and now a very new seller.  I can see both sides of the coin.

I think what the poster was trying to say is why are these people large businesses on Ebay still allowed to continue even though some of them have a huge amount of negative feedbacks

As a buyer and a person who is into Gemmology I can relate to..  Mined natural diamonds set in 14 ct gold = glass in base metal

Steling silver =  plated copper.    Tiffany sterling all numbered etc =  silver plated copper not authentic.

Heavy sterling chaines and bracelets  MARKED STAMPED  925 = Silver plated.

On testing the stuff goes back the same day it arrives.   Got one the other day authentic opals set in sterling silver no test needed for that one.

The shops seem to be allowed to get away with it.   They can have 90 negatives saying not sterling but still allowed to carry on.

A person  who does not know what they are buying is not protected from these people and when it happens it is a real hassle getting the money back.   Especially as one dealer I had left it at post office and refused to pick up kept that going back and forth for a while.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

@wildwood5012 wrote:

On testing the stuff goes back the same day it arrives.   Got one the other day authentic opals set in sterling silver no test needed for that one.

The shops seem to be allowed to get away with it.   They can have 90 negatives saying not sterling but still allowed to carry on.

A person  who does not know what they are buying is not protected from these people and when it happens it is a real hassle getting the money back.   Especially as one dealer I had left it at post office and refused to pick up kept that going back and forth for a while.

So why did you not feel the need to test the opals and sterling silver jewellery?  What made it different to any other jewellery you may have received?

Why single out shops with negative feedback?  There are plenty of private sellers who sell fake silver....plated, etc.

Surely if the seller has 90 negatives one could ask why anyone would buy from the anyway?  It is hardly ebay's fault if buyers take no notice of the tools that are in place to protect them from bad sellers.

And lastly, if you don't know what you are buying then ebay is the last place on earth that you should be buying silver and precious stones.  At the very least you should be getting advice from someone who does know what they are doing before parting with wads of money to bad sellers and then complaining that ebay is not protecting you.

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

eBay suck with buyer protection. At least PayPal are willing to help! Sellers are just trying to rip people off and if one in 10 get done that's free extra money! I wish there were rules if u get certain amounts of bad feedback in a certain amount of time. Then they can suspend for a short amount of time. That would probably work!
Message 6 of 6
Latest reply