displaying women's clothes

I cannot understand why sellers insist on displaying women's clothes on plastic dummies...especially open cardigans on naked dummies ...grotesque limbs....skirts with upper naked torso ..illfitting clothing ...it's just gross, ugly and tasteless and puts buyers off..

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

I don't know. Don't own a mannequin myself,I'd be too afraid of it turning into an Auton

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

edwardian.....

I am a buyer, and the most off putting thing for me is seeing  the owner of the clothes wearing them, with rolls of fat hanging of them  all over the place! As if anyone would ever buy anything displayed that way - not even the fat people would buy them - surelly!

With that gros image embedded in their mind - so off putting by association.

As for the others, using dummies, nothing wrong with that - especially when super models are not available and certainly not affordable, just to sell some **bleep**py $20 item!

Dummies are also preferable to clothes being hung at the backs of doors or splayed on the kitchen floor!

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

As a buyer I would like to see you listings displayed a bit more.

Tops hanging on a hanger in front of a mirror do nothing for me.  I would much rather see them on a manequin against a plain wall....and an overall view of the garment, not just closeups of the features.  The buyer gets no idea of how a garment hangs when it is on a coathanger.

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

There are many sellers who are just selling a few things in their home -  they do not have access to super slim models, mannequins, or anything else - of necessity all they can do is hang them on a coathanger on the door  or lie them on the bed.     Or even attempt to show the garment by having a friend model it.

I am sure buyers understand this.    If the seller has put lots of measurements and taken several photos, I think it's okay.

I agree that on the floor is a bad look.

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply