ebay workshops

Why dont we have ebay workshops in Australia,as i am not aware of any? Anyone know anything they can share? It would be great to go to a workshop,seminar in Victoria with like minded people to learn more about how to be successful on ebay and learn new skills.I am hoping anyone that knows anything can reply PLEASE! FRANNYCRM.

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

ebay workshops

cq_tech
Community Member
I don't wish to sound pessimistic, but the way eBay is going at the moment, the likelihood of somebody starting and operating a successful business is extremely slim right now. It has become so difficult to make a living here that more sellers are leaving eBay than ever before, and some of them have been here for several years.

Until such time as eBay completely changes the way their on-line business functions, including a massive restructuring of their currently overly excessive fees and charges, people will continue leaving in their droves.

I personally very much doubt that eBay will ever recover from the very poor reputation which they've developed over the last few years, but if they somehow manage the impossible, they'll certainly need to treat their sellers with a hell of a lot more respect and decency than they have been for a long time now.
Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

ebay workshops

@cq_tech wrote:
I don't wish to sound pessimistic, but the way eBay is going at the moment, the likelihood of somebody starting and operating a successful business is extremely slim right now. It has become so difficult to make a living here that more sellers are leaving eBay than ever before, and some of them have been here for several years.

Until such time as eBay completely changes the way their on-line business functions, including a massive restructuring of their currently overly excessive fees and charges, people will continue leaving in their droves.

I personally very much doubt that eBay will ever recover from the very poor reputation which they've developed over the last few years, but if they somehow manage the impossible, they'll certainly need to treat their sellers with a hell of a lot more respect and decency than they have been for a long time now.

That is about it in a nutshell.

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

ebay workshops

100% agree Helen & cq. Hit the nail right on the head.  IMO ebay will not back down from their  utter fiasco that they have created. Far too arrogant to say, " Hey, Um, I think we may have gone a bit too far this time" ๐Ÿ˜ž Too late now, I think. The Tumbleweeds are blowing around. 

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

ebay workshops

I agree --very bruised tumble weeds blowing around in the dark
Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

ebay workshops

Excellant post CQ. Couldnt agree more. As a past full time seller, I find the throttling ( I,m convinced its happening ) makes it impossible to grow a business here. And thats ignoring defects, 180 day return policies, FVF on postage etc. Its heartbreaking to see what was once such a great business model with a sense of community, self destructing.

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

ebay workshops

There's no doubt that throttling is occurring as it was verified by some rather disgruntled eBay employees late last year on EcommerceBytes, but I simply cannot understand why a company so driven to bleed money from every avenue possible would willingly cause overall sales to reduce and therefore their fees and FVFs as well. Am I missing something? It makes absolutely no sense whatsoever for eBay to intentionally throttle sales because everybody suffers, themselves included. The only reason that comes to mind is share price manipulation, but to what end? No offence to Danish people, but there's definitely something rotten in Denmark.
Message 7 of 7
Latest reply