Australia vineyard region decimal stamp error?

Hi there,

I just wonder if this stamp I got in a pack is an error. I can't seem to find any others like it on Ebay.

Many thanks,

Debra. 

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Debra.. The stamp seems to have an adhesion down the right hand side, have a close look at it,  is there something attached to the right edge as it seems to have small nicks on it like it may be a piece of paper etc. - I am not talking about the perforations.  The wording at the base probably should read Margaret River WA. If there is no adhesion it may have been printed with something attached  which covered the right edge, in that case it would not be a constant variety, just a one-off printing mistake, which could be of some value to a collector.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

zeden
Community Member

Hi Debra.  Not an error.  It is one of a set of 5 (all of similar appearance) issued 9 April 1992 to commemorate vineyard regions of Australia.  

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

With that mis-aligned appearance ?

image host
Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

Debra.. The stamp seems to have an adhesion down the right hand side, have a close look at it,  is there something attached to the right edge as it seems to have small nicks on it like it may be a piece of paper etc. - I am not talking about the perforations.  The wording at the base probably should read Margaret River WA. If there is no adhesion it may have been printed with something attached  which covered the right edge, in that case it would not be a constant variety, just a one-off printing mistake, which could be of some value to a collector.

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

Good point tiger.

It looks like the top layer has been torn off.

I am guessing someone has sticky taped the sides of the envelope over lapping the stamp partly and upon removal, the tape has torn off the top layer.

image host
Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

Thanks so much to you both I can see that now. Never mind another one for the rubbish bin. I'll just have to keep on looking for the big one LOL.

Kind regards,

Debra.

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

If you want a real Decimal stamp error try this one .

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/252898387693?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Cheers

Martyn

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply