Backstamp On This Demitasse Cup and Saucer

Can anyone ID the backstamp pls?

P8060005.JPGP8060001.JPG

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

To me this looks like Caduceus Snake & Staff  - the Medical symbol. The closest I could get was Powell & Bishop

http://www.thepotteries.org/allpotters/821.htm

Although often used with other letters and words - if this was pre 1891 (McKinley act) it would not have needed "England". From style I would date 1880-1890s so that could be the case. The other painted numbers are just internal factory identification. There are quite a few on eBay - nothing that particularly resembles your item stylistically though the backstamps of those pre the Stonier partnership are somewhat similar. Others may know better.

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

thanks Siddieswans, that was mighty helpful. It opened up a whole new search field. I'd never heard of P&B before.

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

Icy, just in case you want to know and not going to pay to continue the hosting for your sig.

Select My settings under your name here then personal info in the personal profile tab.

And in signature you can copy n paste the HTML code to using another hosting such as Tiny pic or simply delete it.

Then that ugly box will disappear in all your posts.

image host
Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

Thanks Kopes. I was wondering how to get rid of it. I was hoping it would go away eventually by itself lol.

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply