I am having great trouble getting Auctiva to remove their scrolling from my Listings.

I know eBay are removing the Auctiva type of stuff from Listings, but I have been trying to get the Auctiva removed for 6 months now.

Has anyone else had diffculty?

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

I am having great trouble getting Auctiva to remove their scrolling from my Listings.

There have been a number of queries about this on the Powersellers Board - in essence the answers boiled down to

Hard way as per Auctiva

"In order to remove the Auctiva scrolling gallery from listings which are already active, you would have to delete the HTML code used to generate the scrolling gallery from the description HTML of each listing using eBay's "Revise your Item" form.

You can view the full HTML code used to generate your scrolling gallery by mousing over the "Stores" tab within your account and selecting the "Get HTML" option under "Scrolling Gallery". It is most easily identified by the <!--ASW--> tags that mark the beginning and end of the code."

and then someone answered

"I signed up to a free Inkfrog account a couple of years ago to do this sort of thing.
I'm unsure if Inkfrog Open has the feature but it's still functional in the old version.

It's a find replace tool that lets you input the html code you want to change and provide alternative code if desired.

Use the eBay preview listing feature to display the dead code, copy and paste it into the Inkfrog tool, select all active listings and hit the go button..

It's a very exact tool so if you have variances in the code you may have to run it a few times."

Actually when I removed mine I manually stripped  out the code from each listing, but then I didn't have 4,000 listings. Best of luck!

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

Have you tried revoking the token in subscriptions ?

image host
Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

Sadly revoking the token only leads to stopping it being added to any new listings.

As I remember it, clicking the scrolling thingie in existing listings (when you no longer have the subscription) takes you auctiva.com. 

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

I have almost finished manually removing the **bleep** from my 400+ listings.

- "Revise Your Item"

Copy (Control C) the item description you wish to retain

- "Item Description"

- "HTML" tab

Delete entire HTML code

- "Update Listing"

Re-open the listing:

- "Revise Your Item"

- "Item Description"

Paste what you copied earlier (Control V)

- "Update Lisiting"

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

That seems like a neat concise way to me. Probably simpler than just trying to delete the auctiva code and leave the rest intact, which was the way I did it.

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

Thanks for everyone's input. All looks a bit complex for me. I will see what happens when eBay remove their part of it. Just did not want Auctiva coming back with something else later.

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

You may well have other Auctiva live content apart from the scrolling thingie. Like their Counter - as I understand it Auctiva is developing an eBay-friendly model which they will be rolling out - if you have the token subscription turned off, I doubt it would reach you. Also you may have (as I had) at the foot of the listing page a clickable link

Increase sales. Improve feedback. Get Buyer Appreciation, FREE from Vendio!

As I have said before I have no idea what this would look like after eBay removed live content, but as it was only remaining on a few (very old) listings, and was right at the foot of the page, I was able to delete it easily.

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply