I do hope someone can help me with this jug please

5kazam
Community Member

1.  I would like to know country of origin.  (I'm thinking American or European)

2.  The pottery name (if it can be found out)

3,  Approximate age

It has an impressed 'BARBARA' to the inside of the foot, and also an impressed 1L.  It's 15cm diameter x 19cm to the top of the pouring spout.

Thanking you.16427722.JPG16427725.JPG

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

There is a Barbara Dunshee Pottery in Seattle WA whick could be what you are looking for.

If it is that pottery it is quite modern.

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

I would have guessed 1930s  - very similar looking to Falcon Ware or Sylvac  - but no Made in England marks. I would suggest "1L" is actually part of some other mark, perhaps a shape number, where Barbara is the pattern name.

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

Lyndal and Siddieswans - aplogies for late acknowledgement of your posts.  I've literally been up to my eyeballs with things going on.

But thanks to you both.  

I tend to agree with Siddieswans that this piece is around the 1930's.  It is definitely not new.  Will have to do some more research.

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

It's very beautiful!

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

I have found out that this is by Ditmar Urbach (Czechoslovakia), and is circa 1930's.

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

Well done - I have sold pieces of Ditmar Urbach Alienware - obviously the factory manufactured in many different styles.

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply