I have proof of a seller allowing shill bids, how do I get info to ebay?

z4298
Community Member

I've reported a seller many times for allowing shill bidding on his auctions yet ebay has done nothing. I have emails from this seller confirming shill bids on his auctions. The shill bidders are his friends and he lists their items and allows them to shill bid on them. He also provides bidders contact info to his friends so that they can use that info to contact the bidders to try and sell them items outside of ebay. The seller is a power seller (7831) who also sells on consingment to help his friends avoid higher listing fees. One of his shill bidders has sent me emails threatening to stalk me on ebay and bid up any auctions I bid on and he does that. The ebay policy of disguising a bidders identity is a joke. Anyone can track you using your feedback score and the ID ebay uses to disguise your identity. This shill bidding and stalking is illegal and I don't think ebay is trying very hard if at all to stop it especially when it's one of their power sellers. Ebay and the seller both gain financially. I can prove my allegations yet ebay provides no easy method to contact them to allow me to provide them with the proof. I'm very frustrated about this. Just how many times do you have to report a seller or an auction before ebay will investigate and take action?

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Have you reported these matters to the police?

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

What are the Police going to do about it except laugh?

OP is also in the USA

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

I too have reported many European โ€œShill Bidder Sellersโ€! Itโ€™s rife in the Baltic Amber auctions. EBay does little to stop it. Why would they? Theyโ€™re making money too! My eBay password is EBaysucks!
Message 4 of 4
Latest reply