The Who by numbers. 12' vinyl which has two autographs/signatures.

Just want to know if these signatures are genuine , i know that John Entwistle was the bass guitarist but i don't know how R.Folley was associated with the band. Right and lefthand bottom corners. Thank you.

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Found these ones online - obviously, autographs vary over the years, but these are pretty representative.

Daltrey:

the-who-3c.jpg

Entwistle:

index-card-john-entwistle-403.jpg

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

I still haven't got my old autograph books from the top shelf of my WIR - My vertigo is medium today, So I can't use my granny step ladder to find. Sorry!  The above post by Performance Parts does show the loopy R & then going into the D of the surname on Roger's that I recalled.

From memory mine too says "All The Best" & my name  (which has an odd spelling for a common name) - so would be pretty typical from how most autographs are signed when the person has time.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

It looks like R Jolley?
Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Lead singer was Roger Daltrey - from a quick Google search, it doesn't look anything like his actual autograph. John Entwistle's doesn't, either...

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

I have autographs from both men & the ones on your album cover don't correspond. I'll try to take pics of mine & post them here. I know mine are real as I was there when they signed! Finding the old autograph book is the hard part for me! From memory Roger had a big loopy R that then went into the D of the surname.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

Found these ones online - obviously, autographs vary over the years, but these are pretty representative.

Daltrey:

the-who-3c.jpg

Entwistle:

index-card-john-entwistle-403.jpg

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

I still haven't got my old autograph books from the top shelf of my WIR - My vertigo is medium today, So I can't use my granny step ladder to find. Sorry!  The above post by Performance Parts does show the loopy R & then going into the D of the surname on Roger's that I recalled.

From memory mine too says "All The Best" & my name  (which has an odd spelling for a common name) - so would be pretty typical from how most autographs are signed when the person has time.

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply