What have you found ?

I went to a garage sale this morning and turned up some really nice old items. The pick was a large 1906 Theatre poster for " the Midnight Wedding" by " Mynell & Gunns Famous Dramatic Company." This one only cost $2.00 and I collect a few old posters, so this ones a keeper.

Ebayers turn up some amazing items at times. This thread could be a place to share your latest find.

Message 1 of 51
Latest reply
50 REPLIES 50

What have you found ?

Oh I think he is definitely meant to be holding a coldie or two. Smiley Wink

image host
Message 21 of 51
Latest reply

What have you found ?

not the sort of cans I was thinking of kopes, his hands aren't suited to coldies

Message 22 of 51
Latest reply

What have you found ?

He would get exremely busy in my mancave then Kopes, perhaps when he's not serving drinks he could deal the cards for us.

Of course we only drink and play cards after working hard with the painting and stuff.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 23 of 51
Latest reply

What have you found ?

@padi*0409 wrote:

He would get exremely busy in my mancave then Kopes, perhaps when he's not serving drinks he could deal the cards for us.

Of course we only drink and play cards after working hard with the painting and stuff.

padi, you are a genius. That's it, he could hang out in my shed and be useful as well

shed statue.jpg

Message 24 of 51
Latest reply

What have you found ?

Ah look it's Joe. rolling.gif

Sorry chameleon, we gots carried away. Smiley Embarassed

This thread is a good idea, been a long time since something like this has been around.

image host
Message 25 of 51
Latest reply

What have you found ?

I know what Joe looks like, and it looks nothing like Joe.

BC.

Message 26 of 51
Latest reply

What have you found ?

In Clifton Hill Vic there was a restaurant/ bar named Mozzkitos & they had a fella like this near the door - yes he held a silvery tray in hands & teatowel draped on his arm, & they called him Joseph. It was a friendly place with huge plates of food @ keen prices & big screen TV's. Comfy couches. Share tables, bar eatery, & smalls so no-one dined alone unless they wanted to.

The restaurant has been gone some 8 years or more now - rebranded & renamed into some upmarket pretentious bar. My family made the mistake of going there for a B'Day with the new management & the food was tapas type, expensive & inedible! (3 of the party were qualified chefs! - so very dissapointing!) Another case of "If it aint broke don't fix it?

Message 27 of 51
Latest reply

What have you found ?

They made the previous owners an offer they couldn't refuse Woman Wink

Message 28 of 51
Latest reply

What have you found ?

I do miss the stimulating collecting threads we used to have on this board many many moons ago so I would love to add a “what I have found” to keep it going. Sadly it is long time since I found a genuine “bargain” – I don’t know what op shops other people go to but every one I enter seems to have prices fit for a regular antique shop. I do buy for  our collections from real life auction sales but unfortunately (though I love what I buy) I couldn’t describe them as “bargains”.

I did have one very lucky result on eBay recently with a single photo from an album of 1878 Exposition photos that I had bought at a real life auction Smiley Very Happy

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/ORIGINAL-CABINET-PHOTO-HEAD-OF-STATUE-OF-LIBERTY-1878-EXPOSITION-UNIVERSE...

However I can’t claim that it was the result of any cleverness on my behalf – just a case of several buyers being willing to bid highly for an item they considered as very desirable. Sadly a result all too rare on eBay these days. Smiley Sad (None of the other photos bought more than a few dollars each!)

Message 29 of 51
Latest reply

What have you found ?

I too miss the cameraderie Siddie! & I've noticed the powers that be have now moved this thread to "Collectables" et al. Took me awhile to find it! Nice sale BTW!

Message 30 of 51
Latest reply