Please identify this for me

lvd.lvd
Community Member

Hi All

I have this large cooking pot (missing lid??) and 4 jars (2missing lids) - made out of Pyrex glass.

the small jars has a lid which can be tightly closed a spring stretche across the lid to the jar brim

the large pot is about 200mmdia the small jar is about 50mmdia

I don't know if they are a Set

I don't know what is is used to cook what but they are very nice and always wonder its function

Please tell me what it is and what it is used for if you have come across this - Thanks in advance
Liem

Message 3 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Please help me to identify this object _7

lvd.lvd
Community Member

Hi All

I have this small stainless steel cup together with a nice leather pouch - leather pouch has a loop for wearing? hanging? around the neck or the waist?  I am not sure what it is used for Whiskey shot?  bit it is nicely made - the cup is about 50mmdia and 50mmheight

Please tell me what it is and what it is used for if you have come acoroos this - Thank You in advance

Liem

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply

lvd.lvd
Community Member

Hi All

I have this object made out of glass and covered with leather - there is a plastic chain - it looks like it is missing a lid
it looks like it is used for containg some drinking liquid which can be poured out of a very small orifice of a pouch ... l
could be middle east object ??

Please tell me what it is and what it is used for if you have come across this - Thanks in advance
Liem

Message 2 of 13
Latest reply

lvd.lvd
Community Member

Hi All

I have this old hook - made out of solid steel - I bought it for $15 a while ago

I just don't know what it is . was told it is old and used for pulling floorbards)?) by an old sale l

ady who was not sure. I bought it because it is interesting and may have taken a long time to make

by the creator

Do you know what it is and what it may be used for or have come across it ? Please post me an answer - I'd be much appreciated

Liem

Message 4 of 13
Latest reply

lvd.lvd
Community Member

Hi All

I have a pair of this chrome plated object - I just don't know what they are?

Are they a part of a car? I used to have a set of candle holder looked a bit like this 

but I don't think these are as they are not sitting horizontal and the inner bit chrome not shinning when sitting upright to

hold candles (about 20cmwide)

Please tell me what these are if you have come across

Thanks

Liem

Message 5 of 13
Latest reply

lvd.lvd
Community Member

Hi All

I have this kitchen object - I think it is made in Japan

It looks like an egg beater - But the handle is to shoirt 

if used for beating egg if  foam raised up - it will be a mess

Can you please tell me what this is used for if you use this before

Thanks

Liem

Message 6 of 13
Latest reply

lvd.lvd
Community Member

Hi All

I have this kitchen object - it is made out of alum

I think it is used for sliding onion? Potato? lemon?

not 100% sure 

Please tell me if you have the knowledge of this object or used it before

Thanks

Liem

Message 7 of 13
Latest reply

Yes, looks like it could be used to hold things for slicing, eggs as well.

Message 9 of 13
Latest reply

Yes, it is for holding eggs while you slice them.   It could be used for slicing any fruit or vegetable such as tomatoes. lemons.

I have had an aluminium one for over 50  years and recently bought a plastic one from China.

Message 10 of 13
Latest reply