Updates coming to eBay.com.au Discussion Boards

Over the next few weeks, we’ll be introducing a number of changes to the eBay.com.au Discussion Boards.

What are the changes?

We’re introducing new ‘Rules of Engagement’ similar to the  eBay.com Community. You can review the new Rules of Engagement below.

We’ll also be making some changes to the current structure, aimed at simplifying the experience and ensuring the Discussion Boards are dedicated to eBay related discussion. These structural changes mean that the Community Spirit and Fun & Games Boards will move to Groups. Having said that, it’s important to understand that both Community Spirit and Fun & Games will still be Discussion Boards with the exact same functionality as exists right now.

Eventually, we’ll look at a ‘makeover’ of the platform which includes a responsive design for a better mobile experience, again similar to eBay.com.

The new structure is outlined in detail below.

Why?

We have an active group of users already using our discussion boards for engagement, education, insights, knowledge and friendship. We also have new users every day seeking guidance, clarity or help from experienced users and/or eBay.

By simplifying the structure and ensuring conversations are dedicated only to eBay related topics we hope to encourage more eBay members to visit and engage in conversation on the Discussion Boards. We’re also looking forward to using the Discussion Boards to better engage with hear from, educate and inform customers.

We’ve seen great results in the both the US and UK on the back of structural and/or engagement changes they’ve made so we’re taking those insights and introducing similar changes here.

Please feel free to ask questions and share your thoughts about these changes in this thread. I won't be posting every day but I will check back a few times a week.

Regards 

Michelle

Message 1 of 89
Latest reply
88 REPLIES 88

domino, if they go the way of the US boards perhaps they'll give out plasters for when we finish banging our heads against the brick wall...........................original.gif

700594.jpg

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 31 of 89
Latest reply

@domino-710 wrote:

Not sure eBay could be described as the converted.

Having been around here since 2005 - the only thing that hasn't gone by the ' board ' (pardon pun) is the boards.

Have closed my shop in the last month or so - over the hoops & hurdles - just ridding myself now.

Have looked - several times at the US equivalent - sheesh - try finding your way round that mess.

I wasn't referring to eBay being the converted, I was referring to us members. You replied to a member, not an employee, so thought you were trying to convince us members. My mistake.

I don't think it matters how much we protest or offer suggestions, the decisions have already been made. We're turning into the US site and that's all there is to it. They don't give a hoot what we want. They're not the ones that have to navigate around the mess. Have you seen how many pages there are under each heading on the US page? Absolutely ridiculous. No-one will be able to find anything. And that whopping great search bad spanning the width of the page, what's that all about? That's one of the more laughable "features". I think they should have made it 4 times that size.

Message 32 of 89
Latest reply

Padi - I'll order llama plasters for you.

Lots of them.

Robot wink

Message 33 of 89
Latest reply

Of course it does no matter how long or hard we protest.

They - as usual - will do their worst.

We will have to live with it.

But - come on - I don't intend to go down without a ' fight '.

I know you like those also - but a bit of humour - has never done anyone any harm.

I want to be a ' RISING STAR' - right now.

Sheesh - got that the second time I looked.

Message 34 of 89
Latest reply

Damned if I can find any discussion board over in 'Murrica.

It seems to be complaints about eveything on every darned thread they can raise.

I gave up on those boards soooo long ago.  Couldn't find my way around.

Where's their equivalent of Community Spirit?

Can someone direct me to that?

Or did they kill that off over time?

Message 35 of 89
Latest reply

See what I mean - a total mess.

I couldn't find it either - maybe they have no CS.

Here have a candle - instead.

Message 36 of 89
Latest reply

@imastawka wrote:

Damned if I can find any discussion board over in 'Murrica.

It seems to be complaints about eveything on every darned thread they can raise.

I gave up on those boards soooo long ago.  Couldn't find my way around.

Where's their equivalent of Community Spirit?

Can someone direct me to that?

Or did they kill that off over time?

try this one: https://community.ebay.com/t5/Discussion-Boards/ct-p/12001

Then click on This category for Community,Knowledge base,Users and Private messages.

eBay.com community..PNG

They also have a bell for notifications carp:

US boards2.PNG

Message 37 of 89
Latest reply

Tazz, I did all that, but still there's nothing like Community Spirit where there's discussions

about anything and everything in the one place.

All their Groups are closed ones 

Message 38 of 89
Latest reply

The eBay categories in groups is an open one,(in as much as they only refer to eBay categories and

commenting on them).

Why have closed community groups where members would be after info but they can't get it unless they join

the group,shok.gif

The more I see the garbage that they've made of things over there the less I like it,(might be time to find

something else to do),Corny_cleaning-glasses.gif

I've noticed there is no group for reporting scams.stubborn_smiley_by_mirz123-d4bt0te_zps12f1a5a3.gif

Message 39 of 89
Latest reply

@go-tazz wrote:

I've noticed there is no group for reporting scams.stubborn_smiley_by_mirz123-d4bt0te_zps12f1a5a3.gif

Ah Tazz, that's one's at the bottom of the "too hard basket" unfortunately. 

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 40 of 89
Latest reply