Updates coming to eBay.com.au Discussion Boards

Over the next few weeks, we’ll be introducing a number of changes to the eBay.com.au Discussion Boards.

What are the changes?

We’re introducing new ‘Rules of Engagement’ similar to the  eBay.com Community. You can review the new Rules of Engagement below.

We’ll also be making some changes to the current structure, aimed at simplifying the experience and ensuring the Discussion Boards are dedicated to eBay related discussion. These structural changes mean that the Community Spirit and Fun & Games Boards will move to Groups. Having said that, it’s important to understand that both Community Spirit and Fun & Games will still be Discussion Boards with the exact same functionality as exists right now.

Eventually, we’ll look at a ‘makeover’ of the platform which includes a responsive design for a better mobile experience, again similar to eBay.com.

The new structure is outlined in detail below.

Why?

We have an active group of users already using our discussion boards for engagement, education, insights, knowledge and friendship. We also have new users every day seeking guidance, clarity or help from experienced users and/or eBay.

By simplifying the structure and ensuring conversations are dedicated only to eBay related topics we hope to encourage more eBay members to visit and engage in conversation on the Discussion Boards. We’re also looking forward to using the Discussion Boards to better engage with hear from, educate and inform customers.

We’ve seen great results in the both the US and UK on the back of structural and/or engagement changes they’ve made so we’re taking those insights and introducing similar changes here.

Please feel free to ask questions and share your thoughts about these changes in this thread. I won't be posting every day but I will check back a few times a week.

Regards 

Michelle

Message 1 of 89
Latest reply
88 REPLIES 88

Michelle, after reading through this thread and the other 3 threads that I know of that are talking about the changes, the unanimous verdict seems to be from experienced users of the boards that the US model is disfunctional, and that any wholesale changes to the boards we have here are not needed nor wanted.

A bit of fine tuning would help in certain areas, such as locking threads after 12 months of inactivity, would be welcome.

I would hope that the eBay team will take notice of the people that actually use the boards, rather than people that just look at them and decide to "fix" them - since "fix" in eBay terms usually means to "break" something that is already working reasonably well.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 41 of 89
Latest reply

I wanna know how the proposed changes make for a responsive design for a better mobile experience?  I need that explained as maybe I am not smart enough to see that.  I posted a screengrab on one of these threads showing how a one line post from a USA thread appears on my mobile screen and how the same one line text in an Australian thread appears on my screen and I can't see that the USA version is better or more mobile friendly.

http://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Selling/Changes-to-the-boards/m-p/2065700#M154930

Message 42 of 89
Latest reply

michelleoz@ebay.com wrote:

Please feel free to ask questions and share your thoughts about these changes in this thread. I won't be posting every day but I will check back a few times a week.

Regards 

Michelle

Michelle, any chance of you posting on this thread again?

Message 43 of 89
Latest reply

@k1ooo-slr-sales wrote:

michelleoz@ebay.com wrote:

Regards 

Michelle

Michelle, any chance of you posting on this thread again?

Didn't happen last time michelle promised to answer questions and keep us up to date - the postage FVF seller gouge update, I think it was. Should we expect anything different?

Message 44 of 89
Latest reply

Spoiler
that was johannaoz from memory, not michelleoz . . . . . but the point is noted that johannaoz didn't come back either
Message 45 of 89
Latest reply

I'm beginning to feel like a mushroom again slr...............................

Message 46 of 89
Latest reply

I think we all are Padi.   Should have learned my lesson last time.

Message 47 of 89
Latest reply

lyndal, it's not helping matters when threads commenting on the changes are being moved or removed, certainly not a good look for eBay's "big stick" approach to the changes.

Message 48 of 89
Latest reply

Maybe Michelle needs to inform the Lithium mods not to remove threads, or posts

on those threads.

The whole thread, complete with comments, was removed from the buying board.

How is that helpful?

Unless............it was done on Michelle's instructions?

Message 49 of 89
Latest reply

Makes you wonder what is deemed against posting rules when such a thread is removed.

Or maybe they don't like the truth.

Message 50 of 89
Latest reply