Anarchist Greens Urge Burning The Aus Flag

ANARCHIST Greens have declared war on Australia Day, calling for the Aussie flag to be burned, celebrations to be disrupted and protest graffiti to be sprayed on walls and roads as part of a sick anti-Australia campaign.

Federal Greens Leader Richard Di Natale yesterday refused to condemn the shocking demands being made by a group called Left Renewal — a far-Left faction of the NSW Greens.

In a Facebook post, Left Renewal incited its growing band of supporters to take part in “seven days of resistance in the lead up to Invasion Day” — an event organised by a group calling itself the “Warriors of the Aboriginal Resistance”.

Left Renewal, whose supporters include a number of rank and file Greens members, staffers and former candidates — including failed NSW Greens candidate Jim Casey — suggested activities during the week-long “resistance” include “stealing and burning the Aus rag” — a reference to the Australian flag.

It urged people to interrupt Australia Day celebrations, erect protest banners, spray paint walls and roads, as well as “weaving, painting up, make spears, dancing on country” and other activities.

Entire Article Here

What kind of people are these? Who's organising them, and why aren't the arrested for treason?

Message 1 of 29
Latest reply
28 REPLIES 28

any elected politcal person who thinks its ok to burn the australian flag should get kicked out of govt!

freedom of speech only goes so far in my book.

i dont have much time for richard at the best of times, hes just been lowered my list of people to save first on a sinking ship.

Message 2 of 29
Latest reply

@davidc4430 wrote:

any elected politcal person who thinks its ok to burn the australian flag should get kicked out of govt!

freedom of speech only goes so far in my book.

i dont have much time for richard at the best of times, hes just been lowered my list of people to save first on a sinking ship.

Far left or right groups and their extreme beliefs are unfortunetly part of our everyday life now, a bit like hemorrhoids

Message 3 of 29
Latest reply

How times - and countries - change. When I was growing up in England we didn't need to have a National Day or wrap ourselves in flags to prove we were better than anyone else - we just knew we were and assumed everyone else secretly knew it too.Smiley LOL

Message 4 of 29
Latest reply

Used to be a joke likening migrants to haemmorhoids - they come out on an assisted passage, won't go back, and are a pain in the biddley-um. Tsk...

So far as the whole "move Australia Day to another date" thing, it's a joke - it's not about the specific date the holiday falls on, it's about what the holiday represents: white settlement / "invasion". ANY day you choose to celebrate that on will give offence.

Message 5 of 29
Latest reply

@the_great_she_elephant wrote:

How times - and countries - change. When I was growing up in England we didn't need to have a National Day or wrap ourselves in flags to prove we were better than anyone else - we just knew we were and assumed everyone else secretly knew it too.Smiley LOL

Well that's pretty much gone, isn't it, She-el?

What about your new country?

Message 6 of 29
Latest reply

id love to see jim casey go into an rsl on australia day and invite returned service men to join him in a flag burning.

i'm pretty sure there would be something burnt but not the flag.

Message 7 of 29
Latest reply

I think my new country (not so new though, I've lived here for over 50 years) is an amazing, wonderful super friendly place, and I wouldn't want to live anywhere else.

Australians have never suffered from cultural hubris in the way the Poms did, but I suspect they still suffer to some degree from what someone once called 'the cultural cringe' - wanting to be interntionally respected, but not being quite sure others  aren't looking down on you, so resorting to a littlejingoism reverse intellectual snobbery. (Aussie, Aussie, Aussie, Oi,Oi,Oi!) 

Everyone talks about "Aussie values" but nobody can ever explain in simple, concrete terms  exactly what they are and  what there is about them that make them uniquely 'Aussie.'  The nearest we get is vague declarations about  'mateship' and 'a fair go.' It is quite telling that at least one of those 'patriots' who objected to that Australia Day billboard believed  that beaches, bikinis and barbecues were the correct way to represent Australia Day.

Message 8 of 29
Latest reply

While I am not sure that beaches, bikinis and barbeques is quite the way to represent Australian values and Australia Day, I am equally sure that a picture of 2 Muslim girls is not the way I want my country represented either.

Surely we can come up with something better to encompass all Australians.

Message 9 of 29
Latest reply

If it had been the only image there might have been some excuse for the objection, however according to news.com

http://www.news.com.au/national/breaking-news/aust-day-billboard-with-hijabs-removed/news-story/133b...

While the digital sign featured rolling images of people from various cultural backgrounds, one picture of two Muslim women in front of the Australian flag sparked furious debate among social media users.

Message 10 of 29
Latest reply