Apple TV help needed

Our son bought us an Apple TV system on the weekend and gave us a quick tutorial. He made it seem so easy.
Now we are on our own I can not get the stupid thing to work.
I have Sourced the TV to HDMI
Then nothing.๐Ÿ˜“
HELP. What do I do next.
Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Apple TV help needed

j*oono
Community Member

I know I'm asking a stupid question but have you turned your apple tv on with it's remote?  It's a mistake I made at first.  

You have to switch your tv to HDMI with the tv remote and turn the Apple tv on with it's remote.  Just press the big middle button I think.

Hopefully your son has already set it up and put in your wifi password (if you have one).

Joono

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Apple TV help needed

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Send an SOS to your son?Smiley LOL

Sorry Jean I am useless at that sort of thing....hope you get it sorted soon.

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Apple TV help needed

@jean2579 wrote:
Our son bought us an Apple TV system on the weekend and gave us a quick tutorial. He made it seem so easy.
Now we are on our own I can not get the stupid thing to work.
I have Sourced the TV to HDMI
Then nothing.๐Ÿ˜“
HELP. What do I do next.

If there are any kids under 10 in your local area, get them in to program it up. They can do it in no time at all. I'm hopeless, but the kids seem to do it all naturally ๐Ÿ˜ž

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

Apple TV help needed

j*oono
Community Member

I know I'm asking a stupid question but have you turned your apple tv on with it's remote?  It's a mistake I made at first.  

You have to switch your tv to HDMI with the tv remote and turn the Apple tv on with it's remote.  Just press the big middle button I think.

Hopefully your son has already set it up and put in your wifi password (if you have one).

Joono
Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

Apple TV help needed

Hi Jean-its all too hard for the oldies.

Hope some of the hints on the thread help-

-or as some posters have mentioned-get your son back or

some other young person..

ps im waiting for my favourite and only son to appear

at my place have a list of puta things to fix-will take him about 3 minutes.............Richo.

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply