Blue wrens.

ecar3483
Community Member

It's Spring and a pair of blue wrens have started visiting the garden.

The male is bright blue and black, the female's a dull brown, and if I wasn't looking, I couldn't tell them apart from their near constant high pitched chatter.

It's nice to see them. Over the last couple of days they've been enjoying finding their way around the garden.

I wonder if they'll last more than three weeks.

The pair that were here last year lasted about that long.

I'm not going to point the finger. I'm pretty sure I know what happened to them, but I'm not in the mood to rant about irresponsible pet owners and the damage those "roaming" pets do.

No, I'm going to say that it's nice that here, in what is so often bland old suburbia, a little flash of colour and life comes along and brings me a smile.

And the grape hyacinths are just beginning to bloom, so that adds some colour, too, until the cockatoos eat them, those cheeky, naughty birds. Smiley LOL

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Blue wrens.

Do you think you could post a photo?
Love to see them ๐Ÿ™‚

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

Blue wrens.

I love the twittering of the wrens and their busy movements.  

And here on the Central Coast,  I have some seasonal visitors too, chirping merrily during the day.  And just tonight, I could hear a Mopoke in the bush up the road from here.

With the dryness in the mountains, I saw a flock of black cockatoos fly past yesterday.....to who  knows where?

Spring has sprung, the grass has riz, I know where the birdies is.Smiley Happy

DEB

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

Blue wrens.

They get into the tangled mess that is the grape vine, it hasn't got leaves on it, yet, and they disappear.

Then they suddenly pop out, and then they're gone, again.

They know I've got a camera, they know I'm not that confident with it, and they love to tease me.

Smiley LOL

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply