Christmas Gift Ideas for Staff

at my FIL's nursing home.

Last year I did up a huge box of chocolates, candies, biscuits, fudges, nuts, marshmallows, ornaments etc. It was packaged beautifully in a re usable box.

I got the impression from some staff that it caused them some weight problems, as that is what everyone else also does, chocolates etc. so this year, I wanted to try something different but I am stuck for ideas.

Fruit is unnecessary as they are well supplied.

Flowers are often given.

Of course, they don't expect anything and the budget is around $60, there may be as many as 8 staff on a 24 hour period, however, there also could be as many as 30 staff members who rotate.

Message 1 of 22
Latest reply
4 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

@azureline** wrote:

Last year I did up a huge box of chocolates, candies, biscuits, fudges, nuts, marshmallows, ornaments etc. It was packaged beautifully in a re usable box.

I got the impression from some staff that it caused them some weight problems, as that is what everyone else also does, chocolates etc. so this year, I wanted to try something different but I am stuck for ideas.

Flowers are often given.

Of course, they don't expect anything and the budget is around $60, there may be as many as 8 staff on a 24 hour period, however, there also could be as many as 30 staff members who rotate.

Just a thought - never had to do this.

What about lottery or scratchy thingos - done in a fun hat.

Lucky Dip.

Can't get tubby on those.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 22
Latest reply

Honestly some people are just so ungrateful at times.

Flowers, meh, no would be my verdict on that.

How about a basket with different coffees and teas with just a few pkts nice biscuits or would that be too ordinary.

Message 5 of 22
Latest reply

@cmcoins2000 wrote:

@azureline** wrote:

Flowers are often given.

Lucky Dip.

or instead of a hat get a small table top tree and peg the scratchies to branches along with a few candy canes or peppermints

Message 9 of 22
Latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

@azureline** wrote:

Flowers are often given.

Lucky Dip.

Message 2 of 22
Latest reply

That's a great idea, thank you 🙂

Message 3 of 22
Latest reply

@cmcoins2000 wrote:

@azureline** wrote:

Flowers are often given.

Lucky Dip.

Just make sure you have a signed 50% of any winnings.

Robot Happy

Message 4 of 22
Latest reply

How about a basket with different coffees and teas with just a few pkts nice biscuits or would that be too ordinary.

Message 5 of 22
Latest reply

@azureline** wrote:

That's a great idea, thank you 🙂

You are very welcome.

Seen those scratchy things - also gives them something to do - scratch.

Hat - more adventurous than a Santa - maybe a basket with antlers or those little guys who help Santa - they have cute ears..

Message 6 of 22
Latest reply

@roserobin12 wrote:

Who is ungrateful.

I am sure they were very appreciative.

But Christmas is a time for over indulgence - so step out of the box.

Message 7 of 22
Latest reply

@azureline** wrote:

Flowers are often given.

Ok now help for a grumpy, intolerant 70 year old.

MY OH.

What do you get a grumpy.

Message 8 of 22
Latest reply

@cmcoins2000 wrote:

@azureline** wrote:

Flowers are often given.

Lucky Dip.

or instead of a hat get a small table top tree and peg the scratchies to branches along with a few candy canes or peppermints

Message 9 of 22
Latest reply

Ok now a bit of help here.

A grumpy - intolerant - special person.

MY OH.

70 years old.

Any suggestions will be taken onboard.

Message 10 of 22
Latest reply