Coalition Government support at lowest level

66 REPLIES 66

Doesn't surprise me at all, if/when  Bernardi decided to jump ship, imo it will go from bad to worse very quickly

Message 2 of 67
Latest reply

Call me an old cynic, but haven't we seen this all before? Bob Santamaria and the DLP. Don Chips' Democrats, The Greens, One Nation, The Palmer United Party: Every dog has its day, but so far the only minor party to have stood the test of time is the Greens.  

Message 3 of 67
Latest reply

@the_great_she_elephant wrote:

Call me an old cynic, but haven't we seen this all before? Bob Santamaria and the DLP. Don Chips' Democrats, The Greens, One Nation, The Palmer United Party: Every dog has its day, but so far the only minor party to have stood the test of time is the Greens.  

it only works when the govt cant govern on their own.

the liberals brought this on themselves by being way too slow calling the last election, shoulda called it whilst milculm trumble was popular, not waited till we learned he was just a great pretender.

Message 4 of 67
Latest reply

Talcum Furball might even move further to the right if he thinks the Bernardi Party starts to steal voters from the COALition.
Message 5 of 67
Latest reply

Elephant these minor parties do seem to come and go, I was sorry to see the demise of the Aussie Democrats, as they seemed to keep the gov a little more honest. 

IMO It's the sign of things to come, as many electors seem to totally fed up with the "promise everything, do nothing" major parties. 

Message 6 of 67
Latest reply

@the_great_she_elephant wrote:

She el, I think you are forgetting the most succesful minor party of our generation, The Nationals. I,m not saying I support them, ( too wacky Queensland, rape and pilage the enviroment,  for me ), but you would have to admit they have had a lot more political influence over an extended period of time than the Greens. After all they have been in coalition government a number of times, where as the Greens are just wannabes.

Unfortunately the Greens have moved too far to the left and have made themselves politically irrelevent to most voters. They look like they are in the process of fading away into distant memory, the same as the Democrats. Pity really as they had some good policies ten or fifteen years ago. ( believe it or not I even voted for them myself once.....Smiley Surprised   )

Message 7 of 67
Latest reply

More than twice as many people voted Green as National at the last federal election.

Message 8 of 67
Latest reply

Cant honestly say, I am a fan of the Nats at all, especially Joyce    ..... 

Message 9 of 67
Latest reply

My bad;  course, I should have included the Nationals. - weren't they a reincarnation of the old Country party. I have to confess I tend to think of them more as a rural arm of the Coalition than a separate entity. 

With regard to the Greens, I wasn't considering how relevant or effective they might be , just that they are still there when the others I mentioned have all faded into oblivion. 

Message 10 of 67
Latest reply