Diary of our stinking Govt.

As it's more than 100 days now, it has been suggested that a new thread was needed.  The current govt has been breaking promises and telling lies at a rate so fast it's hard to keep up.Woman Happy

This below is worrying, "independent" pffft, as if your own doctor is somehow what? biased, it's ridiculous. So far there is talk of only including people under a certain age 30-35, for now. Remember that if your injured in a car, injured at work or get ill, you too might need to go on the DSP. They have done a similar think in the UK with devastating consequences.

and this is the 2nd time recently where the Govt has referred to work as welfare???? So when you go to work tomorrow (or tuesday), just remember that's welfare.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-04-20/disability-pensioners-may-be-reassessed-kevin-andrews/5400598

Independent doctors could be called in to reassess disability pensioners, Federal Government says

The Federal Government is considering using independent doctors to examine disability pensioners and assess whether they should continue to receive payments.

Currently family doctors provide reports supporting claims for the Disability Support Pension (DSP).

But Social Services Minister Kevin Andrews is considering a measure that would see independent doctors reassess eligibility.

"We are concerned that where people can work, the best form of welfare is work," Mr Andrews said at a press conference.

Message 1 of 17,615
Latest reply
17,614 REPLIES 17,614

@lakeland27 wrote:

yep. Howard did it to hide the true unemployment figures. Labor left it that way .

It is very hard to get on the DSP these days and has been for some time. There will always be the odd - "oh but I know someone or other, who got on it and they are fine." The facts tell the true story however and only the person involved and their treating Doctors know the real story.

Message 31 of 17,615
Latest reply

yes thats right. andrews is feeding the narky types who support cracking down where it isn;t needed. its standard practice for these guys .. victimise those who don't have any clout.. it makes them appear tough when it isn't req'd.

Message 32 of 17,615
Latest reply

here ya go Boris I'll help keep your thread at the top as well. Don't say I never do anything to foster leftie groupthink:

meerk.jpg

Message 33 of 17,615
Latest reply

thanks to Bella who posted this in the 100 days thread. How come whenever the conservatives try "humour" it's always rather nasty and mean? I suppose they just lack a sense of humour....

http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/kill-poor-to-fix-budget-writes-lobbyist-with-l...

Message 34 of 17,615
Latest reply

don't you like meerkats?

😞

Message 35 of 17,615
Latest reply

@icyfroth wrote:

don't you like meerkats?

😞

Woman LOL

Message 36 of 17,615
Latest reply

grumpy chi.jpg

Message 37 of 17,615
Latest reply

sad sense of humour .. especially armed with the knowledge that to the far right actually harbour people who hold just that view among their ranks .

Message 38 of 17,615
Latest reply

@icyfroth wrote:

here ya go Boris I'll help keep your thread at the top as well. Don't say I never do anything to foster leftie groupthink:

meerk.jpg

I suppose at a stretch that could be considered on topic but I think boris may be looking for the really stinky stuff like this: julie.jpg

Photobucket
Message 39 of 17,615
Latest reply

Donna, that is an absolutely filthy action from a politician who fits right in with this govt. and illustrates perfectly what they believe about the workers of this country. They are a disgrace. Woman Mad

Message 40 of 17,615
Latest reply