Diary of our stinking Govt.

As it's more than 100 days now, it has been suggested that a new thread was needed.  The current govt has been breaking promises and telling lies at a rate so fast it's hard to keep up.Woman Happy

This below is worrying, "independent" pffft, as if your own doctor is somehow what? biased, it's ridiculous. So far there is talk of only including people under a certain age 30-35, for now. Remember that if your injured in a car, injured at work or get ill, you too might need to go on the DSP. They have done a similar think in the UK with devastating consequences.

and this is the 2nd time recently where the Govt has referred to work as welfare???? So when you go to work tomorrow (or tuesday), just remember that's welfare.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-04-20/disability-pensioners-may-be-reassessed-kevin-andrews/5400598

Independent doctors could be called in to reassess disability pensioners, Federal Government says

The Federal Government is considering using independent doctors to examine disability pensioners and assess whether they should continue to receive payments.

Currently family doctors provide reports supporting claims for the Disability Support Pension (DSP).

But Social Services Minister Kevin Andrews is considering a measure that would see independent doctors reassess eligibility.

"We are concerned that where people can work, the best form of welfare is work," Mr Andrews said at a press conference.

Message 1 of 17,615
Latest reply
17,614 REPLIES 17,614

sorry idle, but it's not just coming from our own BOM

http://www.wmo.int/pages/mediacentre/press_releases/pr_1009_en.html

http://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-30852588

so I very much doubt that they are "massaging the figures"

Message 7671 of 17,615
Latest reply

They have homogenized  historic data to fall in with what they want to report.

Like the infamous "Hockey Stick" figures which were found to be fraudulent.

Message 7672 of 17,615
Latest reply

Oh, but Debra, they are very much manipulating the data.

"This cooling of past temperatures is a new trick* that the mainstream climate science community has endorsed over recent years

to ensure next year is always hotter than last year – at least for Australia. "

Read this which is ONE very good example they got caught out on.

Who’s going to be sacked for making-up global warming at Rutherglen?

http://jennifermarohasy.com/2014/08/whos-going-to-be-sacked-for-making-up-global-warming-at-ruthergl...

I have others as well

Message 7673 of 17,615
Latest reply

another conspiracy theory is it?     ok lol

Message 7674 of 17,615
Latest reply

Here is the other well known one

Hiding something? BOM throws out Bourke’s hot historic data, changes long cooling trend to warming

Hello Soviet style weather service? On January 3, 1909, an extremely hot 51.7C (125F) was recorded at Bourke.  It’s possibly the hottest ever temperature recorded in a Stevenson Screen in Australia, but the BOM has removed it as a clerical error. There are legitimate questions about the accuracy of records done so long ago — standards were different. But there are very legitimate questions about the BOMs treatment of this historic data. ‘The BOM has also removed the 40 years of weather recorded before 1910, which includes some very hot times. Now we find out the handwritten original notes  from 62 years of the mid 20th Century were supposed to be dumped in 1996 as well. Luckily, these historic documents were saved from the dustbin and quietly kept in private hands instead.

Bourke has one of the longest datasets in Australia — but the BOM, supposedly so concerned about the long term climate trends, appears to have little curiosity in the hot weather of the 1880′s and 1890′s (I talked about the amazing heatwave of 1896 here where hundreds died and people in Bourke escaped on special trains). If it had been a cool spell then, would the BOM feel more inclined to put some effort into analyzing them? All of the 50+ temperatures recorded do have a story to tell, yet they lie invisible in news reports of the 21st Century.

Perhaps most seriously, the regular BOM press releases of hottest ever records now rarely give any indication that these earlier hot records existed at all.

Ian Cole lives in Bourke, and runs the local radio station. For years, his father Neville used to do the meticulous recordings every three hours. Ian Cole feels very frustrated that he can’t broadcast any of that information to listeners in weather reports — the BOM won’t supply any data before the year 2000 to the official Weatherzone service provider. He remarked that “We keep on being told about records that are not actually records and averages that are not quite right”.

Bourke got new automated weather recorders in 1994, with a two year overlap of manual and new equipment.

Bourke raw Maxima trend:  was 1.7C cooling, now increased to a slight warming trend

Bourke raw Minima trend: was 0.53C warming, now increased to 1.64C warming trend

http://joannenova.com.au/2014/08/hiding-something-bom-throws-out-bourkes-hot-historic-data-changes-l...

Message 7675 of 17,615
Latest reply

so is it a world wide conspiracy or just here in Oz?

or perhaps all the BOM staff are lefties   Woman LOL

Message 7676 of 17,615
Latest reply

Call it what you want, I call it fiddling with the data.

Either way, I am not jumping on the band wagon.

I'll still light fires up in the NT as will most other people, it's the only way to make sure the environment

doesn't get totally destroyed in a really hot fire.

Message 7677 of 17,615
Latest reply

@debra9275 wrote:

I wonder how many billions it has cost to bribe 98% of scientists and many others.  Where is that money coming from?

Message 7678 of 17,615
Latest reply

worldwide is it??

take a look  around you aps at the more extreme weather conditions we're getting around the world

you would call it 'normal' would you?

Message 7679 of 17,615
Latest reply

@polksaladallie wrote:

@debra9275 wrote:

I wonder how many billions it has cost to bribe 98% of scientists and many others.  Where is that money coming from?

I bet it's Labor's fault   Woman LOL

Message 7680 of 17,615
Latest reply