Digital art Challenge anyone?

Is anyone is interested in  a digital art challenge?

Please reply if you are interested.

You can use your own photos or free stock photos from the net to create a piece of art with the chosen theme.

No theme has been chosen yet.

This thread is just  to see how many are interested in participating in such a challenge.

If you are interested, please also suggest a few themes. We will pick the theme  suggestion that gets the most kudos.

My first suggestion is smoke art. You would need to create a picture which includes smoke.

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Perhaps start a thread with examples of works, doesn't have to be a competition at this stage.  

May get some people interested enough to ask questions and introduce others to the medium.  Let it grow from there, perhaps.

DEB

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

I'll give it a go.........my theme suggestion is waterfalls........

Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

*pepe
Community Member

i really can't see the point in another photo challenge thread.  😕

Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

I really can't see yet another thread about one's favorite (or unfavorite) politician, yet we have them in spades......

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

safau22
Community Member

I like it, it's a good idea. In the photo challenge topic, your restricted to your own work, as well as the theme at the time. Art shouldn't have restrictions. This is not the best forum for it though, of that I'm sure. Were talking about pictures, many would no doubt be offensive to at least some, and this forum caters to the offended far more than some other discussion, posting, or chat forums might. Same true for potery and song lyrics, theres always someone who will find it offensive. Thats not to say they wouldn't be on other forums too, but many wouldn't cator to them as this one does.

Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

@*pepe wrote:

Pepe, digital art is different to photos. I have seen some photos digital enhanced or even manipulated on one challenge. Those that can use other ways to create a picture without a photo may be interested to have a try.

I use Jasc Paintshop Pro, but not very expertly. I do have Paintshop Professional, but am to lazy to learn all about it.A challenge may give me the incentive to learn how to use something new.

It's fun and something else to talk about and be creative.

Erica

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

@*pepe wrote:

its not the same as the photo challenge

thread.  

digital art can be created by using your 

computer.  the creative possibilities are endless

and you are not restricted to taking a photograph.

i'd love to see some digital art Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

Perhaps start a thread with examples of works, doesn't have to be a competition at this stage.  

May get some people interested enough to ask questions and introduce others to the medium.  Let it grow from there, perhaps.

DEB

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

Great idea.
Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

@*julia*2010 wrote:

@*pepe wrote:

its not the same as the photo challenge

thread.  

digital art can be created by using your 

computer.  the creative possibilities are endless

and you are not restricted to taking a photograph.

i'd love to see some digital art Smiley Happy

i am well aware of what digital art is about as I dabble in it myself, creating images from scratch, but the OP says using your own photos or stock photos, that is why I felt it was too similar to the existing challenge.

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply