Does Aspartame (Sugarine) cause dementia?

Does Aspartame cause dementia,cancer, or neither.?:|

siggie-reported-by-alarmists..............
Message 1 of 136
Latest reply
135 REPLIES 135

Probablly not, more to do with age and lack of challenging mental activity and cell death I would think

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
Message 21 of 136
Latest reply

I take the time to read most of the ingredients of the  processed foods that I eat. I am really surprised to see it added to a lot of food stuff... 

Stuff you would not think needed artificial sweeteners. 

I know...have a look at this list - 

Breath MintsCarbonated Soft DrinksCerealsChewing GumCarbonated Soft DrinksFlavored Syrups for CoffeeFlavored Water ProductsFrozen IceFrozen Ice Cream NoveltiesFruit SpreadsGelatin, Sugar FreeHard CandiesIce cream ToppingsIce Creams, No Sugar or Sugar FreeIced Tea, PowderIced Tea, Ready to DrinkInstant Cocoa MixJams & JelliesJuice Blends

Juice DrinksMaple SyrupsMeal ReplacementsMousseNo Sugar Added PiesNon-Carbonated Diet Soft drinksNutritional BarsPowdered Soft DrinksProtein Nutritional DrinksPuddingSoft Candy ChewsSugar Free Chocolate SyrupSugar Free CookiesSugar Free KetchupTable Top SweetenersVegetable DrinksYogurt, DrinkableYogurt, Fat FreeYogurt, Sugar Free

Is it a myth that Aspartame causes dementia, or a fact?

Message 22 of 136
Latest reply

Well there's some evidence based on animal studies that Aspartame can cause prostate cancer.

Message 23 of 136
Latest reply

The last one on the list was missed...it should read Fat Free Yogurt, Sugar Free Yogurt.

Message 24 of 136
Latest reply

"Dementia is an umbrella term for a group of cognitive disorders typically characterized by memory impairment"

"a group of cognitive disorders",  so why not mention which one you are referring to?

Message 25 of 136
Latest reply

Would you consider Bob, that your fat free yogurt could give you prostate cancer?

Message 26 of 136
Latest reply

I know someone who has Vascular Dementia....caused by  diabetes....nothing to do with artificial sweeteners.

Message 27 of 136
Latest reply

Approximately 50% of the population is immune to prostrate cancer ๐Ÿ™‚

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
Message 28 of 136
Latest reply

I take the time to read most of the ingredients of the  processed foods that I eat. I am really surprised to see it added to a lot of food stuff... 

Stuff you would not think needed artificial sweeteners. 

yes, me too..... as for the idea that people get dementia from lack of mental stimulation.... I disagree...... my FIL is 85, he was very active, physically and mentally, until just over a year ago.

He physically planned and built his own home less than 8 yrs ago, with his wife as his TA...... the only thing he didn't do was put on the roof. He was a very intelligent, well read man.

He is now in a secure dementia unit.

Message 29 of 136
Latest reply

๐Ÿ˜‰

Message 30 of 136
Latest reply