Does Aspartame (Sugarine) cause dementia?

Does Aspartame cause dementia,cancer, or neither.?:|

siggie-reported-by-alarmists..............
Message 1 of 136
Latest reply
135 REPLIES 135

๐Ÿ˜‰

That was for Poddster.......

Message 31 of 136
Latest reply

Sorry to hear that Az.....

Message 32 of 136
Latest reply

I don't know about artificial sweeteners causing dementia, but they are EVIL.  

My Dad had Alzheimers and I can't recall him eating anything with artificial sweeteners ... or low fat stuff ... or anything like that.  

I used to have those little melt in the mouth breath fresheners with that phenylkerotones (???) and I had the most awful digestive problems ๐Ÿ˜‰ don't ask ๐Ÿ™‚

It took me years to get over them.  

We have sugar, full fat milk/cream/sour cream/yoghurt etc.  

Message 33 of 136
Latest reply

Az have you given some thought to the possibility that if he had not have been mentally and physically active dementia could have set in at 70?

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
Message 34 of 136
Latest reply

That was for Poddster.......

I knew that ๐Ÿ˜‰

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
Message 35 of 136
Latest reply

Az, my Dad was doing the Guardian cryptic crossword for a long time into his dementia ... it's such a weird disease ... 

Message 36 of 136
Latest reply

Thanks design.

Yes I have given that a lot of thought but maybe I can also think that had his wife not passed away, he would be still active and not have dementia.

I am sure I can think of many things that might have been....

the really sad part of it is, he had a photographic memory..... heard it, read it, saw it, once.... and could recall the precise details in an instant, many years later.

Message 37 of 136
Latest reply

Az, my Dad was doing the Guardian cryptic crossword for a long time into his dementia ... it's such a weird disease ... 

yes.... ๐Ÿ˜ž however, dad can no longer read. Almost like he has forgotten how?

Message 38 of 136
Latest reply

Well, I just found this.........

Aspartate and glutamate act as neurotransmitters in the brain by facilitating the transmission of information from neuron to neuron.

Too much aspartate or glutamate in the brain kills certain neurons by allowing the influx of too much calcium into the cells.

This influx triggers excessive amounts of free radicals, which kill the cells.

The neural cell damage that can be caused by excessive aspartate and glutamate is why they are referred to as "excitotoxins." They "excite" or stimulate the neural cells to death.

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2011/11/06/aspartame-most-dangerous-substance-add...

Message 39 of 136
Latest reply

KDT "Dementia is an umbrella term for a group of cognitive disorders typically characterized by memory impairment"

Alzheimer's disease is the most common  of the dementia group.

Message 40 of 136
Latest reply