Donald Trump inauguration

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-01-21/what-did-donald-trump-promise-to-do-in-his-first-speech/819989...

so many promises, so many questions.

i really get a lor of what he is saying and why so many want him to do the things hes promising.

but i ask, lets just pick the 'bring jobs back to america.

i presume he means manufacturing jobs.

so lets take something every american would buy thats not made in america but under president trump will once again be 'made in america'

television sets.

the reason televisions are made in china or korea ec t is really cheap labour meaning really low prices at the store when i buy my tv.

if america says, no more cheap imports of tvs, gotta make em in the USA then who is going to be happy to pay $2,000 for a tv that costs $500 now?

and that spreads to all imported goods trumps wanting to be 'made in america' again.

is he planning to lower wages for workers in america to the same as 3rd world countries?

Message 1 of 157
Latest reply
156 REPLIES 156

@davidc4430 wrote:

i dont want to prejudge the guy but would like just a little information on how he intends to bring manufacturing back to the USA.

how is he going to build a wall between mexico and the USA and get mexico to pay for it.

how hes going to expell all the illeagle imigrants.

i'm over the 'believe me' and 'trust me' lines

i wanna see action.

or maybe he'll just say hes done these things but the media lies about it and says its not happening.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-01-27/enrique-pena-nieto-cancels-talks-with-donald-trump-over-wall/8...

so his grand plan is an import tax?

who pays the inport tax?

the customer pays the import tax if they buy the imported product.

so in reality the american public will pay for the wall, wow, never saw that comming.....LOL

Message 31 of 157
Latest reply

And how long will it take his supporters to realise that they will be paying?

And he has got the Mexican Government offside....how long before other governments cancel talks with the USA?

Trump is doing really well for his first week in office.....not!!

Message 32 of 157
Latest reply

i just heard on the radio china has hit back with a threat to stop buying american aircraft, could potentialy cost billions to the usa.

Message 33 of 157
Latest reply

Four years of Trump   ...... so pleased I dont live in the good ol; US of A   .... the man is disaster

Message 34 of 157
Latest reply

Unfortunately I don't think it is only the USA that is going to suffer for the next 4 years.

So far I have not heard of one thing that he has done that has not upset someone or some country.

There are already rumblings about impeachment if he doesn't do something about his business interests.

Message 35 of 157
Latest reply

I'm sure  he will create far more probs than he solves   ..... Dont think an impeachment will happen, not saying those who loathe him wont try

Message 36 of 157
Latest reply

I don't think he will be allowed to cause too many problems for those who matter in the US military-industrial complex.

I'm not saying it's probable that he'll do a perish any time soon, but not saying those who loathe him haven't looked to past examples; and even if he appears to be a bit stupid, I'm sure he knows this.

Message 37 of 157
Latest reply

@bushies.girl wrote:

I'm sure  he will create far more probs than he solves   ..... Dont think an impeachment will happen, not saying those who loathe him wont try

Not necessarily those who loathe him.

I was reading an article written by a member of his own party who is an expert on the Constitution.   He is adamant that at the moment Trump's business dealings are in direct conflict with the Constitution and unless Trump does something about it there is trouble brewing.

Apparently even Trump's name on buildings is a no-no.

Message 38 of 157
Latest reply

Interesting times ahead Lyndal   

Message 39 of 157
Latest reply

Love him or hate him, he is starting to take action.

One initiative that will probably work out well for US, according to one US engineer, & create 28,000 well paid construction jobs:

This week Trump signed an executive Order to advance the construction of two major pipelines:

• 1 - The Dakota Access Pipeline (DAPL) and,

• 2 - the Keystone XL pipeline

Both of these pipelines will be utilized to transport crude (unrefined) oil to facilities that can refine them.

To me, the Keystone XL pipeline is the most important.  The Keystone pipeline will carry crude oil from Canada to Houston to be refined and then sent back to Canada.

Canada has great oil reserves, but limited refining capability due to the amount of hundred's of millions of dollars needed to wade through all of the environmental regulations to build such a facility.  It literally takes 10 to 20 years just to get a permit, and then another 5 - 10 years to construct it.

Read more: http://aus-usa-can-gbr.freeforums.net/thread/74/agree-trump-on-issue#ixzz4Wzq6cD29

Message 40 of 157
Latest reply